Red Bar on Muscle Milk Honda Front Fender?

Anyone know for sure what the little red bar is thats on the Muscle Milk Hondas? Its not on the TLD or Geico bikes. Its clearly a small rectangular brick with a wire running back under the front number plate. So is it a g force or wind speed recorder? Steve Matthes from Pulpmx said it was a shift indicator but that seems false since its covered in mud quickly and is too small to focus on when in the middle of a moto. It was not on during any sx events that I noticed but saw it right away at Glen Helen and they have kept it on, its recording info it seems but I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere reliable.  

washougal-practice-gallery-28_gallery_full.jpg

925310_792644800779537_1009302410_n.jpg

Strange, didnt notice it until you said something. A shift indicator sounds like an idea but why would you need one? If you made it to the pro ranks im sure you know when to shift.

also it would be so small and covered in mud, and i'm positive you dont want to be staring at your fender when you are trained to look as far ahead as possible. pulpmx said it was a shift indicator/light to see what rpm they are at. But I dont see how thats right he just seems to be messing with people because it would have to change colors for different rpm ranges and its too much to focus on. riders at that level know what rpm they are in and know when to shift

Very cool, aren't most running launch control which holds the bike at the right RPM at the gate? Must be easy to see behind the bars because that's a small thing to be staring at while going WFO into the first turn

Launch control advances the ignition out of the gate and then retards it once it hits a certain rpm and gear.  

But does not hold RPM like a 2step system?

So maybe this gives them an indicator when they're in the sweet spot?

Yes it controls the power so they don't get wheel spin .

Yes, the light comes on at peak power. 

• Like 1

Yes it controls the power so they don't get wheel spin .

Yes, the light comes on at peak power.

Better not control anything.

3.16 Telemetry and Traction Control

a. Non-production electronic devices designed specifically for traction control are prohibited. This includes sensors

that can determine front wheel speed and any electronic control to the brake systems.

b. Electronic transmittal of information, including radio communication to or from a moving motorcycle, is

prohibited with the following exceptions:

i. MX Sports transponders utilized for scoring purposes (mandatory equipment assigned by AMA Pro Racing).

ii. Data or video transmitted for the sole use of MX Sports-approved event television production (mandatory

equipment assigned by MX Sports).

iii. Electronic lap-timing devices are permitted. Transmitter beacons must be in an approved area. GPS may be

used for the sole purpose of lap timing and track mapping only. Receivers/antennas shall not be mounted on

the front area of the front number plate.

c. Data logging is permitted; however, the information may not be downloaded in real time from a moving

motorcycle.

d. Information downloaded from the motorcycle may be reviewed by the Chief Technical Inspector at any time.

I would say any form of a "shift" or "engine power" light would qualify as electronic transmittal of information as well...

Edited by DethWshBkr_