Sign in to follow this  

Vibrator

Two hour freeway ride at 75+ MPH and I am vibrated to death.

While the Zeta rubber killers are nice at the track, they leave much to be desired on long freeway rides.

Having the RPM gauge was nice, the little DRZ was revving in the 7&8K range most of the ride.

I had to get around a few big rigs and was pinning it to win it.

The little DRZ did a great job overall, I think I need a bigger fuel tank.

• Like 3

haha, 1st DRZ thread in awhile that i think the FAQ doesn't cover.

imo your vibrator needs a stable mate for those duties.

what seat do you have? 2hrs straight and my a$$ would have taken the mind off the vibration .....

• Like 5

Two hour freeway ride at 75+ MPH and I am vibrated to death.

While the Zeta rubber killers are nice at the track, they leave much to be desired on long freeway rides.

Having the RPM gauge was nice, the little DRZ was revving in the 7&8K range most of the ride.

I had to get around a few big rigs and was pinning it to win it.

The little DRZ did a great job overall, I think I need a bigger fuel tank.

interstate = suck

back roads = WIN ! 

added bonus= on back roads you get 70mpg instead of 55-60, so it pays to LEAN through the turns instead of sitting on a jackhammer and fighting wind blast. 

• Like 2

I have the seat concepts seat, it is nice but after 2 hours even it was not so pleasant.

The wind blast was getting a bit old as well.

They should require rides to ride the DRZ to get the iron butt certification.

• Like 2

Yep, the DRZ is definitely good for vibes.  Even after 30 minutes on the highway, my hands would be buzzing when I got off of the bike. 

• Like 1

All those bad vibes caused me to put back on the rubber foot peg inserts and switch to Pillow Top grips. Helps a bit. They do make windscreens for the DR-Z and it really does help with the wind force upon your torso. It takes me awhile to get use to the head bob the wind against the helmet causes.

• Like 1

My wheels were balanced.  The DRZ is just vibey at 70mph, as it should be for a 400cc single cylinder bike

• Like 2

You guys must have the S model. I have the SM with Zetas rubber killers and its my only source of transportation. Do about 30 miles a day on the freeway and i feel just fine. I have no bar end weights. I have the pro taper pillow top grips though.

• Like 3

plus 1 on the pillow tops!  i run the huge 1 and 3/8s easton bars with the woods bend set up  its very comfortable.  gearing defintely comes into play in terms of vibrations.  when i have 13/41  its very buzzy and maxes out at  about 70 mph     its great up to about 50 and then it sucks  but thats my offroad sprockets.    on the freeway i swap the 13 for a 16  and its butter1  top speed is in the upper 90s. never seen 100 mph on the Z.... and i dont want to! haha      i did it once on the vstrom and it was just too smooth    i couldnt imagine owning a crotch rocket!   soo many tickets

Edited by ukele6
  • Like 3

Sounds like you guys need to balance your wheels.

I just put on new rubber and balanced my wheels and checked spokes so it is not that.

• Like 1

I have the seat concepts seat, it is nice but after 2 hours even it was not so pleasant.

The wind blast was getting a bit old as well.

They should require rides to ride the DRZ to get the iron butt certification.

Do some regular cycling to toughen your butt.. :moon: ......It works for me....stock seat felt nice on a 4 hour road ride I did last week.... :ride:  :)

• Like 2

Do some regular cycling to toughen your butt.. :moon: ......It works for me....stock seat felt nice on a 4 hour road ride I did last week.... :ride:  :)

I'm doing a 1600K ride next weekend, that will put some callouses on my ass.

There will be no ill effects though as it will be treated with medicinal quantities of beer. :smirk:

• Like 3

I'm doing a 1600K ride next weekend, that will put some callouses on my ass.

There will be no ill effects though as it will be treated with medicinal quantities of beer. :smirk:

Nice....where are you off to M8..?

Nice....where are you off to M8..?

Glen Innes, staying at "The Grand Central Hotel"

Doing both Gywdir and Bruxner H'way's, Summer Land H'way Lion's rd and another called White Swamp rd, brings you around Moogarah Dam.

• Like 3

Doing both Gywdir and Bruxner H'way's, Summer Land H'way Lion's rd and another called White Swamp rd, brings you around Moogarah Dam.

Pics M8??? Would love to see some of the countryside...... :smirk:

• Like 2

So you know it's freak'in icy cold down Glen Innes way this time of de year...The daughter is studying down the road at The Uni at Armidale atm...

Expect minus temps...she said minus 3 to 5 is pretty norm.....

Anyway just take some "man up" pills and you have some great riding country to play in.....and as Wayne said....Remember to take mucho pickies...

• Like 3

So you know it's freak'in icy cold down Glen Innes way this time of de year...The daughter is studying down the road at The Uni at Armidale atm...

Expect minus temps...she said minus 3 to 5 is pretty norm.....

Anyway just take some "man up" pills and you have some great riding country to play in.....and as Wayne said....Remember to take mucho pickies...

You guys get minus temps?????? Guess you have to layer up like me when riding. Hell, now I really want to see some pics... :ride:

• Like 3