Sign in to follow this  

Choosing a Hydration Pack

Hey TT! I have been looking at some hydration packs and I have found a few that I am interested in. I searched the forums but I can't find much info on the packs I am looking at, which are Thor Hydrant, Fox Oasis, and Moose Racing XCR packs. I would like to get some info from people that have had experience with one or more of these packs. I am also open to suggestions of other hydration packs. I want to stay under 100$ and I want storage for gopro batteries, SD cards, energy bars, phone, a multi tool, and an extra spark plug haha. I will also have a few other small items in there as well. I am going to be wearing the pack over my chest protector, if that makes a difference. I want to avoid going overkill size wise, and end up with a big heavy hindrance on my back. Thanks as always. RIDE ON!!!!!!!

USWE or leatt (same thing). They are the best. Awesome harness system and you can even go hands free. They come in different storage capacities.

• Like 3

I have a Camel Back - not sure what size, but is perfect for me.

Anyhow - for the first 2+ years I had it, I was always annoyed that the hose was on the right side, so I had to take hand off throttle to get a drink.  One day when I was cleaning it, I pulled the hose out and accidentally put it back on the left side!  Wow!  What a revelation!

• Like 2

I have a Camel Back - not sure what size, but is perfect for me.

Anyhow - for the first 2+ years I had it, I was always annoyed that the hose was on the right side, so I had to take hand off throttle to get a drink. One day when I was cleaning it, I pulled the hose out and accidentally put it back on the left side! Wow! What a revelation!

I was just about to ask if you could put the hose on the left side, since I am left handed. Edited by THE.YZ.RIDER

I was just about to ask if you could put the hose on the left side, since I am left handed.

I know you were!!! (I am psychic).  The answer to your next question is, "no".

I know you were!!! (I am psychic).  The answer to your next question is, "no".

Dang, I'm not going to get present for Christmas. ;(

I've got a cheaper Draco that I picked up at Scheels for like 60 bux. It's a bigger pack but is great for all day riding or especially in my case, riding alone mid week, where it may be a day or two before someone else comes bounding down the trail lol. I keep everything from a decent tool set to food to my basic survival stuff incase I need to spend a night out there(knock on wood...) plus it holds 3 liters of water. It's a bit much Im finding out for shorter rides and enduros, even with nothing but a couple power bars and a full bladder of water though. Once you get used to a little extra weight you don't even notice it in my opinion.

http://www.dragogear.com/hydration-pack.html

That dragopack is a contender. I also found some other packs that look good. The Fox Low Pro and the Fly Racing hydro pack. The only worry that I have with those packs is I am not sure there is enough storage. I love the price on those, the fly racing pack is 40$ shipped, since spending 100$ makes my wallet scream, but I want to make sure I get something that will last a long time. Does anybody have experience with those packs?

I have a Camelback and a cheapo walmart pack, I actually like the cheapo better.

The moose only has 2 liters, that would not cut it for me.

Between the Thor and Fox ones you listed, the fox one looks nicer. You may also want to budget room for a jacket in your pack. If you are like me and start riding early in the morning and ride well into the evening you will want a jacket for the first and last part of the ride and somewhere to put it when you take it off for the mid day ride portion.

Do not buy from camelbak. They give money to anti-bike trail groups and actively help to close trails.

??? No way , didnt know that, that is bull Edited by bin007

??? No way , didnt know that, that is bull

Do not buy from camelbak. They give money to anti-bike trail groups and actively help to close trails.

Im going to research this, if so we need to really get the word out.

• Like 1

Im going to research this, if so we need to really get the word out.

It doesnt make any sense. But absolutley rooster

I've tried quite a few bags over the years Fly, Klim, Ogio etc and my favorite and most comfy is a USWE I've got the biggest one they make right now and it's great.