Sign in to follow this  

Hare scramble rent a bike

Hi everybody !

I am from Florence, Italy , I would like to attend a hare scramble race in California. I was wondering if it is possible to rent a bike just for the event and also to have a day license or whatever they need to entry the race....

Thank you !

935490_10201053560809419_1319920850_n.jpg

Not sure where you are going to get a full race prepped bike in order to race a national...bike would need to be set up for such a race.

Hopefully somebody else has an idea of where to get something like that

• Like 1

"Hopefully" :)

Otherwise , are there any other races where you could rent a bike in California ?

Thank you , Speed Freek

• Like 1

"Hopefully" :)

Otherwise , are there any other races where you could rent a bike in California ?

Thank you , Speed Freek

Maybe call kr4 performance I dont know if they do anything in California but they may know of someone that could help you out.

I contacted Kr4 performance . They replied soon and it would be ok, except that they work in the east coast only...

They suggested mxholidaysusa , but they work in MX only, I think.

If your not opposed to a 250, I might recommend Eagle Riders. They rent bikes all over the country. My suggestion would be the Yamaha. The Honda 250 4T's don't hold up very well in a hare scrambles. They use too much oil to trust completing a race. 

http://www.eaglerider.com/dirt-bike-rentals.aspx

Edited by ballisticexchris

Thank you ! 

I think it could work, maybe renting a van or pick up at the airport with the motorbike on !

Now I have to find a race or something similar to attend in february...

I heard about a very famous amateurs "race" or just a motorbike event in the desert but I don't remember the name.

Any suggestions ?

I agree with Yamaha, this is my bike :

172827_1879522756024_1479937845_2073187_4013609_o.jpg

Thank you ! 

I think it could work, maybe renting a van or pick up at the airport with the motorbike on !

Now I have to find a race or something similar to attend in february...

I heard about a very famous amateurs "race" or just a motorbike event in the desert but I don't remember the name.

Any suggestions ?

I agree with Yamaha, this is my bike :

attachicon.gif172827_1879522756024_1479937845_2073187_4013609_o.jpg

Search District 37 AMA, a lot of good races there, thats where I race as well as the NHHA races. You can just pie plate and enter whatever class you feel comfortable in.  Lemme know if you need more info, you can PM me.

february- king of the motos race-- if you choose this race on a rented bike make sure to get the rental insuranace! :smirk: 

• Like 4

february- king of the motos race-- if you choose this race on a rented bike make sure to get the rental insuranace! :smirk:

Haha, agreed! It may have a few new scratches on unless the guy rides like Taddy.

King of the Moto ! wow !

That is the famous race I heard about, I didn't remember the name...

it would be great ! but he is right about the insurance :) , frankly it isn't possible to do that race with a normal motorbike....

I keep trying to investigate....

Anyway , you are wonderful !

If you never plan to ride in the tuscan hills or mountains, contact me anytime !

... it should be easier to attend a NHHA in district 37 :) I have seen the last year calendar, there was one  in february at Red Mountain.

What do you mean with " just pie plate" ?

a national hare and hound would be fun for a first visit, another good race is the checker hare and hound in late febuary.

pie plate is a temporary number

a national hare and hound would be fun for a first visit, another good race is the checker hare and hound in late febuary.

pie plate is a temporary number

Checker H&H! LOL 

... it should be easier to attend a NHHA in district 37 :) I have seen the last year calendar, there was one  in february at Red Mountain.

What do you mean with " just pie plate" ?

Pie plate is for non-D37 members.  and you can pick your class based on experience.

Checker H&H! LOL 

I liked the Checkers H&H, I did pretty good in the one last Feb, won by 20+ minutes over 2nd place in class, and then my motor locked up at the finish line!! 

• Like 1

Pie plate is for non-D37 members.  and you can pick your class based on experience.

I liked the Checkers H&H, I did pretty good in the one last Feb, won by 20+ minutes over 2nd place in class, and then my motor locked up at the finish line!! 

I laugh because I actually finished one. Of course my bike was completely trashed at the end. Both radiators hanging by hoses, bent subframe, crushed pipe, etc....

the course was shorter this year due to land aqusition, im not sure but i think checker ridge was consumed. it was in the original race plan, but the course was rerouted last minute which cut out about 5 miles per loop.

Checkers puts on a first class event. It shows that they put a lot of effort in to laying out a fun challenging course (no I am not a Checker nor do I represent them in any way. I don't think they let spodes in their club so I'd be rejected).