Sign in to follow this  

How to wire lights on a 2004 rm250

I have 2004 rm250 and was gonna mount 2 led squares on the bars and can't figure out how to wire them

Even though your using LED's I still do not believe that your RM has enough extra power to run them.  Also note that what electrical power it does produce, it's unregulated AC until it gets inside the ECU.  The easiest & cheapest route would be to just find a small Lithium battery pack that you can install behind the number plate or something like that.  A small USB rechargeable pack from Batteries Plus should do it.

I was running both. I had a helmet light and h - bar mounts. I had to turn off the helmet light due to heavy fog/cloud during the 24hr race. Too much reflecting back at eye level. I suggest running both if possible.

Main thing is the bike doesn't really power lights very well. Battery set ups, helmet & bike, are the best options for the 04 RM250. He just so happened to be asking about mounting light pods...and I had pics of my 04 with pods. :D

I'm jus gonna be cruising through some trails at brimstone be the only bike I'd b in a group of rzrs

What ever you do, don't buy Fenix.

It's over priced garb. I got a triple cree led light off eBay for $20 and put some quality Samsung 14650s in it. There isn't a name brand light under $200 that can touch it.

Fenix is crap.