New to dirt got a ktm 250 sx

Im new the forum I mainly read others and waste time while im at work but I had a 1985 Honda xl600r that I traded a couple of days ago for a 02 ktm 250sx I have been riding for a while never been to a track just trails.

my questions are is there a really quiet exhaust system for it I just repacked the silencer on it  its a fmf power core 2 I think and it seems to be running rich and it smokes a lot!!!!  

also just rebuilt the top end on it with a wiesco its a tiny bit higher compression should I change the fuel up any today when I get home im going to try and tune the carb to get it running better

and one last one it seems like I have to give it ALOT of gas and ride the clutch to get it moving and its not at all like my xl where I could just use the clutch with no gas is there any modifications I can make to change this I don't know much about 2 strokes except that im never going back to 4

ps: no pictures yet but I will upload some later when I get home

I have a 2000 KTM 250 SX and i have the pro circuit platinum 2 pipe with the type 296 silencer and its not as loud as the stock exhaust that was on it when i bought it. as for the smoke i usual get white smoke when i first start it up but thats it so im not sure on that. What gas are you running in it right now? I know im cheap and do not get the racing fuel but run whatever the highest octane at the pump. I know the manual for my year says nothing less then 98 Shell. As far as using the gas and the clutch sounds like the carb needs to be adjusted. Whenever i rode and its does anything weird like that i could just make minor changes to the air screw and it fixes it.

thanks I just run premium and 2 stroke oil premix and it smokes a lot on start up but not so much while riding but always smokes and its a steady stream of smoke white smoke

and I read on a different post that you can change the fly wheel weight do you know what that does

LOL yes it is. Its on the right hand side next to the oil level screw i have never had to mess with when i bought my bike it was all tuned by Z-Racing out in California and i have not changed anything to require me to mess around with it.