Sign in to follow this  

Bike-Swap Day! Ask questions

qtM53V4.png

I swapped bikes with a buddy so he could fell/hear the FMF header. His setup is very different than mine so feel free to ask questions about any of his farkles.

He's running Shinko 705's, Corbin seat, HDB handguards, rox risers, YZ bend protaper bars, FMF Q4 with no insert, and EJK tuner.

• Like 1

Did you get your buddy signed up on TT ??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :excuseme: :excuseme: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers:

He's not one with the internet. He mostly does this  :ride: . He took my bike for the day. His first text back to me was "WOW! This thing is fast!"

• Like 2

Do you just have the header? Or exhaust, etc?

To install the FMF header you must have a slip-on muffler as well (because the header is a larger diameter pipe). I have all stage 1 mods on my bike. Full FMF exhaust, EJK tuner, 13t front sprocket, snorkel delete, backfire screen delete. Cheers!

• Like 3

To install the FMF header you must have a slip-on muffler as well (because the header is a larger diameter pipe). I have all stage 1 mods on my bike. Full FMF exhaust, EJK tuner, 13t front sprocket, snorkel delete, backfire screen delete. Cheers!

Thanks for that clarification.  I didn't know that about the header, but it does make sense.

Thanks for that clarification.  I didn't know that about the header, but it does make sense.

No problem at all. Stage 1 really wakes the bike up. Should have come this way from the factory. I'd say the 13t front sprocket adds the most torque/power for the money.

• Like 1

I'd say the 13t front sprocket adds the most torque/power for the money.

You are the second person I have read that stated this.  I don't have a 13t, but I do have a 44t rear sprocket on a 17 inch rim/tire combo.  Hoo-yah the acceleration!  :)  I don't know that I will get to a stage 1 setup, but reducing the gearing is a great way to liven things up.

• Like 2

You are the second person I have read that stated this.  I don't have a 13t, but I do have a 44t rear sprocket on a 17 inch rim/tire combo.  Hoo-yah the acceleration!   :)  I don't know that I will get to a stage 1 setup, but reducing the gearing is a great way to liven things up.

It is! I need to retain taller gearing for interstate commuting so opted for the power mods over gearing mods. I must say I've very happily surprised with the level of power this bike is making now. Kind of shocking! I'm ordering a 42t as I type this. I believe that will put me at the perfect gear/power ratio.

• Like 1