Sign in to follow this  

Washington mx jump practise - seattle area ?

short story - Any trails in Seattle are has decent jumps to practice ?

Long story -

Just getting started into this sport. have lot of road bike experience. into to dirt last month or so. yesterday was first time to mx and its more fun. There are various skill that i want to develop / learn and first i want to learn cornering and jumping. I guess i got hold of cornering and now need to focus on jumping.

which trail in Seattle area has decent jumps (for beginners / table tops kind off ) to practice. offcourse i can goto mx track but i personally think we can't just concentrate on one skill to learn in the track because it has all different kinds in every lap.

thanks

trails out in the woods don't have big jumps like on an mx track, if you want to jump hit an mx track.  if you mastered cornering in a few hours, mastering tables, doubles, and triples in an afternoon at an mx track should be a cakewalk for you.

If you are in South Seattle go to Pacific Raceways. If you are in North Seattle head up to Monroe/Evergreen Motocross.

MX tracks will be much better to practice jumps due to the consistency, repeatability, and safety factor. Plus there will be other people to help you with form and technique. There is only so much you can learn on your own, the rest you need guidance from an experienced practitioner/teacher.

short story - Any trails in Seattle are has decent jumps to practice ?

Long story -

Just getting started into this sport. have lot of road bike experience. into to dirt last month or so. yesterday was first time to mx and its more fun. There are various skill that i want to develop / learn and first i want to learn cornering and jumping. I guess i got hold of cornering and now need to focus on jumping.

which trail in Seattle area has decent jumps (for beginners / table tops kind off ) to practice. offcourse i can goto mx track but i personally think we can't just concentrate on one skill to learn in the track because it has all different kinds in every lap.

thanks

Greenies in the Seattle area have seen to it that closest riding trails are now an hour and a half away minimum and as others have said, not set up for mx style jumping.

Joe

• Like 1