Sign in to follow this  

Trail riding in North West Arkansas

Any dual sport riders/sport adventure/Super MOTO rides want to get together and find some trails , or share some good riding trails with me ?

Any dual sport riders/sport adventure/Super MOTO rides want to get together and find some trails , or share some good riding trails with me ?

just got a bike the other day and new to it all, but that's what ive been wanting to do.

Let's go ride jay.sentinel@yahoo.com

I'm also on G+

hey sorry I didn't get back to you today, I wanted to ride but I realized my carb is leaking gas and I think it might just be a gasket, but I need to also see why it tends to kind of sputter a little when just at about mid throttle cruising speed. I think it might be the needle but I honestly don't know anything about carbs. I'm in rogers, didn't know how far you are from there.

I'm in Fay . Sounds like a carb , check all the typical stuff like air filter , spark plugs, ets . I just paid Motivation Power Sports $500 to rebuild mine.

I'm in Fay . Sounds like a carb , check all the typical stuff like air filter , spark plugs, ets . I just paid Motivation Power Sports $500 to rebuild mine.

ya I cleaned the k&n air filter and changed the spark plug the old one showed it was running rich, ya I don't have any extra money to have anybody go over it for me right now. I got an 06 drz400e. are there any places in fay to really play with the bike?

Funny you said that about the DRZ 400 , cause I just met a kid up here in Fay that always parks his 400 DRZ next to my DR650 when he goes to work , and I got in touch with him and he too wants to hit up some places both street and dirt . I ride dirt roads and trails up and around West Fork and Winslow .

Hey guys,

I live in Fayetteville and I'm very new to riding. I just bought an old DR100 for my wife and I to learn on, then I'm buying her/us a DR200 (she's only 5'2"). We're really interested in getting into dual sport and trail riding (we plan on staying off highway nearly all the time). The two bikes I am really interested in buying for myself is a DR650 or DR-Z400. I can't make up my mind! 

In the meantime, can you recommend anyplace specific to find some relatively tame rail riding nearby? Do you know if there is anything accessible toward the Wedington area?

Thanks for responding to my post . I hear you , it is a hard choice between both bikes. I've recently rode Mill Creek OHV near Combs Ar but be prepared to get dirty and possibly loose some turn signals like I did. Let me know when you get your bikes and we can at least go ride around the county roads.

As far as weddington is concerned, I'm not too sure , but I have heard that there might be some trails to ride , just be aware that it's a WMA and make sure if you do go that the place has been approved for OHV

Julian 479-790-0633

Thanks for the info! My wife has settled on the new DR200S but I remain undecided. I'll be Shute to contact you when we get one more bike.

Check this site out. You'll find the answer to your question, if you are anywhere near north Arkansas.

http://www.araride.com/

Single track trails at Brock Creek, northeast of Russellville.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fsm8_042765.pdf

Then, there is the Mill Creek Trail, east of Fayetteville to Combs, and then south on the Mill Creek Rd a few miles to the trail head.

The first week in March, we're going to have the Wudi Ride. There will be both trail and dual sport guided rides. Come join us.

http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi17/wudi17.html

Edited by Wudsracer