Sign in to follow this  

Got my 2014 500 EXC on the dyno

I've really been having a good year with my 500 exc. I bought it 12 months ago and I have almost 3000 miles on it now. I ride supermoto, ice, and dirt all with this bike. I am doing a track day next month at NYST and I just wanted to make sure I am not running lean. Basically a $60 insurance policy lol. I had the front ice tire come into contact with the stock header pipe and wear a hole in it so I bought a full fmf powerbomb/4.1 exhaust. I also had the xcw map installed at the dealer at time of desmogging. I made an adjustment of the tps voltage while on the dyno. I was reading a lean spot just off idle so I adjusted it from .63 volts to .65 volts.

56whp

500EXCDYNO_zpsf8f0c7a1.jpg

Edited by ImprovedFD
  • Like 2

That looks exactly like it feels, look how flat the torque curve is and how much torque it makes down low!

56 HP from a basically stock engine is amazing. I'll bet that it runs well.

just an FYI, the fmf pb header is much larger than stock, so if you had issues with your front tire hitting your stock header, you'll have even more of an issue with fmf header coming in contact with your tire.

ya. i had the stock header welded and cranked up the fork compression. the stocker will be going on again for the ice.

20131229_134807_zps1a8i5qlt.jpg

I had no idea there was a dyno shop in Brookfield, do they do cars as well as bikes?

Nope. just bikes. right behind the bmw dealer

Did you make any pulls TOTALLY stock?

There's another thread on TT, in which we've been discussing how much HP you get from an FMF, and whether it's worth the weight savings and money that it costs.  

It would be interesting to know REAL WORLD how much a header adds, and then how much aftermarket exhaust adds.

56HP, though, is just unreal!!!

CADman_KS

Nice numbers. I'd pitch in funds to see another run with the stock exhaust in the fall/winter and TPS readjusted if needed. Thanks for posting this up.