Sign in to follow this  

Bridgestone battlecross tires

Anyone tried a set yet? Just mounted these up and plan on racing a harescramble sunday. I haven't heard much feedback. The tread design is interesting. The back tire has "ribs" on the sidewall. Not sure of their purpose?

I've always loved bridgestone. The x30 replaces the m403/m404 intermediate and the x40 replaces the m603/m604 hard terrain.

These are the x30's mounted up on my RMZ450.

1408029262998.jpg

1408029275603.jpg

Anyone tried a set yet? Just mounted these up and plan on racing a harescramble sunday. I haven't heard much feedback. The tread design is interesting. The back tire has "ribs" on the sidewall. Not sure of their purpose?

I've always loved bridgestone. The x30 replaces the m403/m404 intermediate and the x40 replaces the m603/m604 hard terrain.

These are the x30's mounted up on my RMZ450.

I just ordered a set.  Make sure and post your impression of them on here after your race. 

They do look a lot like the Dunlop MX52's. I've got the Dunlop's on my bike, and they work very well. I get the whole concept with the knob within the knob on the rear tire. But IMO it only works when the tire is clean of any dirt. Once it's packed with even a little dirt it's a single knob.

Well?

How was it?

Well... I wish I could tell you.

A huge storm system came through this morning dumping a ton of rain.. So I didn't race. I've raced my fair share of mudders, anymore I'm more of a fair weather rider.

I'm going to take off the rear until my next race and throw on a practice tire. I'll keep the front on since it takes much longer for them to wear out. I'll update once I get some ride time.

• Like 2

Well... I wish I could tell you.

A huge storm system came through this morning dumping a ton of rain.. So I didn't race. I've raced my fair share of mudders, anymore I'm more of a fair weather rider.

I'm going to take off the rear until my next race and throw on a practice tire. I'll keep the front on since it takes much longer for them to wear out. I'll update once I get some ride time.

It hit us too.

Lol

I'm with you on that.

I have read up a little on these, but these isn't much out about them yet.....the little fins are for cooling, REALLY!

In a google search I found a dude that loved them, best tire he's ever used.  That's all I've got....wouldn't mind trying a set.

• Like 1

First ride on my x30's front and rear last Saturday.  Conditions were very abnormal due to the heavy rains in the southwest.

Track #1 was really loose and muddy.  Tire handled way better than my old 403/404 combo in this.  Stability was great, cornering great and grip amazing considering how muddy it was. 

Track #2 was loose and moist over an extremely hardpacked base.  I always have trouble with washouts on this track but didn't have any problems this time.  Spent a lot of my time just practicing corners today and I can happily say these are the best cornering tires I have ridden on.  When the tires broke loose it was slow and controlled and gave tons of feedback. 

These are not my normal riding conditions as we have been getting much more rain than normal lately.  So much so that my normal track was shut down.  I will add more on this once I get back into more familiar conditions.

• Like 2

I now have several rides and a couple races on these tires. I like them. They seem to hold a straight line really well and are very predictable. The only bad thing is the back tires weigh over a pound more than Dunlops. I'm not super picky when it comes to unsprung weight but I know some may be. The x30's seem to be most at home in true intermediate dirt. They get a little slick in real hard pack or deep mud, but they remain predictable and controlled. Wear wise, the front is doing great and the rear is showing a little chunking. No more than I get out of most tires. I've wore past the "inner raised knobs" on the tread and traction remains good. I'd recommend these to a friend.

Anyone else have any experience with the x30 or x40 series? Trying to determine which tire would be the best for 50% trail & 50% mx track (terrain is mix of soft mud and hard packed/rocky)

• Like 1

Just put in a couple hours of these in really mixed offroad conditions (sand, hardpack, gravel, sharp rock, occasional mud).  They seemed pretty nice everywhere.  I LOVED holding slides on the loose over hardpack at speed with them.  Glad I got 2 sets.  I may pick up a couple more actually.  Much MUCH better than the MX51FA that came off of there.

Tubeless/10psi both ends/19" rear/2014 YZ450F.

• Like 1

Just replaced my d952 rear and ms3 front. Both with 1/2 to 2/3 tread left.

Been out riding twice, once a hardpack and intermediate track and one a sandy loam track. They hooked up good in both, the rear was very predictable and the front never washed out. I'm not a real fast rider (C class at best) so I'm not gonna be able to tell a huge difference in tires as long as they are fresh but for what it's worth I am happy with them.

• Like 1

I've put in about 5 hours of race time on a set of X30s (21/18 combo) on my KTM 350XCF.

I used to run the 403/404 combo, and liked them a lot.

I also have a set of MX52's (21/19 combo) that I have about the same amount of race time.

General impressions are the X30s are better all around from the older 403/404s and on par with the MX52s in intermediate to soft conditions.

X30s traction is excellent under most conditions, rear hooks up well and really likes to grip when leaned over.

Front gets squirrely when conditions dry out and it gets hard packed and slick... Similar in feel to an MX32 front in this regard.

The MX52s seem to work better towards the hard pack end of conditions and have an edge working better over a wider range of conditions than the X30s.

My impression is the X30 fits in between the Dunlop MX32 and MX52, overlapping the top end of the 32 and extending into the middle range of the MX52.

After 5 hours of race time, the X30s show less wear vs. the MX52s, so I suspect they will last longer than the MX52's.

I'm going to be trying out a set of X40s to see how they work in the hard pack stuff.

I've put in about 5 hours of race time on a set of X30s (21/18 combo) on my KTM 350XCF.

I used to run the 403/404 combo, and liked them a lot.

I also have a set of MX52's (21/19 combo) that I have about the same amount of race time.

General impressions are the X30s are better all around from the older 403/404s and on par with the MX52s in intermediate to soft conditions.

X30s traction is excellent under most conditions, rear hooks up well and really likes to grip when leaned over.

Front gets squirrely when conditions dry out and it gets hard packed and slick... Similar in feel to an MX32 front in this regard.

The MX52s seem to work better towards the hard pack end of conditions and have an edge working better over a wider range of conditions than the X30s.

My impression is the X30 fits in between the Dunlop MX32 and MX52, overlapping the top end of the 32 and extending into the middle range of the MX52.

After 5 hours of race time, the X30s show less wear vs. the MX52s, so I suspect they will last longer than the MX52's.

I'm going to be trying out a set of X40s to see how they work in the hard pack stuff.

I am running a x30 in front & x40 in rear. The x40 hooks up really good on hard packed, but can wash out in soft/loamy soil. I don't have a lot of ride time on the tires yet, but I can already tell the x30 will last much longer than the x40. 

alot of us here in australia run these tyres and love them!

they dont last the longest in real dry rocky stuff but the grip is second to none!!

i rate the tyre highly!there nothing like the mx52 rubber compound wise.

you wont be dissapointed on these tyres thats for sure!!