Sign in to follow this  

What bike is this rim from?

i just picked up an extra set of rims to run dot street tires on my 01' XR 50 and the guy said they were for a xr / crf 50. i didnt notice the difference until i tried swapping out my drum brakes after mounting my tires and they wouldnt fit, actually they are completely different internally on the front.. i'm so pissed right now since mounting the tires was a big PITA.. anyway, anybody know what bike these rims came off and how can i get em to fit my xr brake assembly.. i'm guessing they from a china pit or a late model CRF? I attached a pic of my xr and the other front rim where the brake assembly mounts.. the xr is round and the other has a raised groove which i would guess locks into the other style brake assembly, the bearing's inner diameter is ~10mm vs. the stock XR's 12mm. I looked on ebay and found a similiar rim which says it came off a 2005 crf 50 but i thought all xr/crf 50 rims are the same?

here is the ebay link for the rim that looks identical to the one i purchased: item 400736399159

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-11-HONDA-CRF50F-CRF50-CRF-50-XR50-XR-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-HUB-NEW-TIRE-/350564301375?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519f42ba3f&vxp=mtr

0813142136.jpg

0813142138.jpg

the more i look over these rims the more i think they are from a chinese pit bike, they are both 10" rims (1.40x10).. the rear is the same as my xr and the brake assembly & axle (12mm) will fit and it takes the same bearings 6201, the front is where i seem to be having the issue.. the rim casting has a hole of 27mm vs the 32mm on the XR rim and the bearing is a 6000 rs vs. the 6201 on the XR.. it is looking very similiar in size to my chinese pocket bike rims as far as bearings and seals, not size.so thats leading me to think it's chinese in nature.. so what pitbike uses the same rear wheel as a xr/crf 50 but a different front ??? if i can find a brake assembly to fit this i can still use it but i still need to deal with the smaller diameter axle of 10mm vs 12mm on the XR