Sign in to follow this  

California 1st Time at Hollister

Going to Hollister this Saturday with my brother for the first time.

Looks like alot of trails and a good time.

We are looking for any tips,or things to watch out for?

We are going to camp Saturday night, which site is going to be the most mellow?

We are blue trail riders. Usually ride at Miami and Whisky Falls around home.

Thanks

FFF

Going to Hollister this Saturday with my brother for the first time.

Looks like alot of trails and a good time.

We are looking for any tips,or things to watch out for?

We are going to camp Saturday night, which site is going to be the most mellow?

We are blue trail riders. Usually ride at Miami and Whisky Falls around home.

Thanks

FFF

Im in Clovis, never rode Hollister but always looking for partners

I see your friends with Mr Shlepy, me too

Edited by Mckay
  • Like 1

The Rangers at the gate check for current reg and sparkys so be sure you got that covered.

There are a lot of one way trails which is nice but beware there is always that one clown going the wrong way.

Its mostly wide fast flowing trails with some tight single track around the Troll Trail area . The Renz Property

is fun too , longer trails .

The place is kinda small , you should be able to hit most everything on the first day, if you want to play on the tracks

beware.... the Rangers watch them sometimes and will get pissy if you are on the ATV track .

http://youtu.be/jmJO9DgpPrU

Thanks for the info guys.  Ill try to do some more thread research, in the meantime....

McKay- I Just had a baby so my rides are getting fewer and way far between. Im lucky if I get to ride about two three times a year now.

We were going to ride Tamarack, to one of the lakes fish a bit, but it dosent look very open and we want to do more than 10mph . Since we dont get to ride that often I figured Hollister would be fun since we like open trail riding. Rode with Shelpy once at Miami. My jets got clogged and the bike kept dying. He did show us some nice blue trails there.  Nice dude. Im down to  ride anytime , but the family plans take up alot of my free time.

• Like 1

Always wondered how much Hollister was like Gorman...  looks pretty much the same...  maybe even wider and flatter.

From what I can gather from going by gorman on I-5...similar terrain. Hollister has less vertical feet to work with, also has sections with clay soil.

The first half of the video shows the upper section and only the main trails. There are a ton of trails like 7:20 to 11:39 in the video. Just get off the main trails and explore the offshoots. We prefer to camp at the first campground on the left down the hill. even has hot showers there and its just a short ride to the store and the main staging area.

Always wondered how much Hollister was like Gorman... looks pretty much the same... maybe even wider and flatter.

I like Hollister over Gorman. Gorman def has more sandy areas and much more desert type of climate. However, I've only ridden the upper ranch at Hollister.

We ended up at Whisky Trails ...... Bro didnt get his green sticker renewal from DMV. I didnt want to risk driving all the way there and he couldnt ride. We found out only 20 miles from home thank god. Fould some new trails at whisky and had fun , but still itching to check out Hollister. Looks like our bag. Nice , maintained, flowing trails....

Thanks for the responses gents.

Why?

Heat for one thing,the other is I cant seem to get hooked up with any one to ride with lol could be no one is riding I sure the hell don't know.

Heat for one thing,the other is I cant seem to get hooked up with any one to ride with lol could be no one is riding I sure the hell don't know.

Well you still have my number! But it wont do you any good now, Im having surgery on my arm, down until Xmas.