Sign in to follow this  

tps on 39mm

Hi, im new here and i am thinking of buying the tt 39mm carb kit. I already have a tps sensor from a yz426 and wanted to know if i could fit this to the carb. I know i dont need it but just wondering?

You don't need a TPS (throttle position sensor), it has little to no effect on performance.

Cheers guys, new to all this offroad lark, not had a dirt bike since i was a kid so trying to get up to speed. So far so good and i dont miss the power of the big 1000cc bikes. Im thinking tt 39mm kit, chain and sproket kit, k & n with the 3x3 mod, and suspension set up and it will be a cracker of a bike.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, new to all this offroad lark, not had a dirt bike since i was a kid so trying to get up to speed. So far so good and i dont miss the power of the big 1000cc bikes. Im thinking tt 39mm kit, chain and sproket kit, k & n with the 3x3 mod, and suspension set up and it will be a cracker of a bike.

dont forget to add a full ex system :)

Well I have half, it stops at the heat shield and from there to the cylinder its stock. Its loud enough for me. When the stock bit dies from stones or something I will go for a full system.

Well I have half, it stops at the heat shield and from there to the cylinder its stock. Its loud enough for me. When the stock bit dies from stones or something I will go for a full system.

You have not said if you have an E/S/SM, S/SM have a smaller header pipe than the E.

IMHO, not much point adding an FCR,and doing the 3x3 if  your not going to open up the exhaust, IE, bigger header pipe.

OEM pipe is pretty resilient so you will most likely be waiting a while.

K&N air cleaner is a waste of money, more so if you plan on going off road.

OEM foam is more than up to job with Twin Air a very could replacement.

Edited by Black_DRZ
  • Like 1

I have an s, i like the look of the fmf power bomb so could be tempted. Was only going k&n as I can get them cheap 50% and the foam one is looking a bit past it so thought why not

I have an s, i like the look of the fmf power bomb so could be tempted. Was only going k&n as I can get them cheap 50% and the foam one is looking a bit past it so thought why not

Like Black_DRZ said, if you are often off road (especially if in dusty conditions) then stick with a foam filter. Your intake valves and valve seats will thank you.

• Like 3

will the fmf powerbomb fit with a standard end can, only ask as I think the can and link pipe I have is similar to the standard size, its slipped on just after the header pipe stops.

so you think the k & n isn't as good of a choice then and to get the twin air?

can get a dual stage for £10

well ive just ordered a twin air dual stage filter on your advice, thanks for the tip. With years of road bikes id have just got the k & n without thinking.

well ive just ordered a twin air dual stage filter on your advice, thanks for the tip.

Thats what we do here :thumbsup:

Occasionally I a get little abusive but I'm dealing with that. :smashpc:

Also take the time to read the FAQ's.

Edited by Black_DRZ
  • Like 1