Sign in to follow this  

Beta 300 in Los Angeles?

I want to ride one please

I can't stand the ergos on the KTM's; the pegs are 2" higher than on my WR450, and the bars are too close....it feels like a kids toy to me.

You can ride my full-race YZ/WR450 or 450X (59hp...)

I want to ride one please

I can't stand the ergos on the KTM's; the pegs are 2" higher than on my WR450, and the bars are too close....it feels like a kids toy to me.

You can ride my full-race YZ/WR450 or 450X (59hp...)

The Beta 300 isn't big. I got a tall seat concepts seat and it feels good for me but I'm only 6'1". They do handle well .. I'm not sure how big or small a wrf450 is though so... Beta's are already a little lower seat height than other bikes too so that's also part of it.  To me it handles sort of like my Honda but yoeu have more of a feeling of being over the back wheel like gasgas.. idk.. you still just have to ride it. I have some ktm rear offsett pegs to go on too . I think it will be better but I'm ok with the aluminum stock position  pegs that were put on the bike before I got it. My bars are stock but just tilted forward. It was like that when I got it and it felt good so I left it. I do have some wider suzuki/ktm higher bend that feel good and also are to go on later.  ... maybe move the bars a little forward too.. but Cody Webb is I think tall like you are.. We all can ride like him right? lol.. more like he could ride like us.. He's riding a Beta 300 though.. and I don't think he has changed ergos much.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

The ergo's of the Beta's are the best I've ever had in a dirt bike. Compared to my KTM 530 the seat to peg height is 1/2'' higher but the bars are 4" higher with my BRP submount. Being 6-3 I can almost stand without out being hunched over. I like the feeling of being part of the bike vs sitting on top of it.

The ergo's of the Beta's are the best I've ever had in a dirt bike. Compared to my KTM 530 the seat to peg height is 1/2'' higher but the bars are 4" higher with my BRP submount. Being 6-3 I can almost stand without out being hunched over. I like the feeling of being part of the bike vs sitting on top of it.

Really?

That is good news. 

Have a 2014 1/2 300RR factory edition on the floor.

Has the 2015 motor.

Later George

• Like 1

Have a 2014 1/2 300RR factory edition on the floor.

Has the 2015 motor.

Later George

Sooooo, you're saying I can borrow it for the weekend?  For a test ride?

You are too kind.

Has 13,000 test ride miles on it and still looks new.

Reason I still have it is am working on skid plate for them.

Could never keep one in stock long enough to finish project, so this one is not going anywhere until it's done.

Later George

Sooooo, you're saying I can borrow it for the weekend?  For a test ride?

You are too kind.

Hi there Bill, I know it's Saturday. Why not next week hit up Dave and try to secure a ride on his 300. The ergos should be pretty good for your size. His 300 has the BRP under bar damper mount. It will be too softly sprung for you (sprung for 200 lbs or so) but you will get a good idea. I'm going to hit him up to go riding next Saturday evening. You can try my 520 out if you want as well. I have the Flexx Bars Enduro bend with 10mm risers.

I have rolled into weekends off next week. So next Saturday night or Sunday. If not at Dave's, you are more than welcome to ride my 520. Hook up at Rowher Flats or something.....

Chris

Thanks so much for the offer

I can't plan anything right now...too much work

I was right by Dave's shop but did not have time to go in...alas...

I hear you about work. Just let me know. My shift rotates.

• Like 1