Sign in to follow this  

Headlight/fork supports for XR650R

I have installed an aftermarket headlight and a battery on the back of the headlight (see my post for a dual post battery in this forum).

Everything if fine but the headlight vibrates quite a lot and I know the rubber wrap-arounds the forks will fail in the near future.

So, my question is the following: are there any more sturdy support for a universal fit headlight?

I found these on e-bay, but they seem too small (28 mm to 34 mm) while the xr650r has 45mm upper (around the headlight) fork diameter <----- can someone verify this? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Headlight-Mount-Brackets-Fork-Ears-Motorcycle-Bobber-Cafe-Racer-28mm-34mm-/360689577353?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fac62d89&vxp=mtr

thanks in advance

I have installed an aftermarket headlight and a battery on the back of the headlight (see my post for a dual post battery in this forum).

Everything if fine but the headlight vibrates quite a lot and I know the rubber wrap-arounds the forks will fail in the near future.

So, my question is the following: are there any more sturdy support for a universal fit headlight?

I found these on e-bay, but they seem too small (28 mm to 34 mm) while the xr650r has 45mm upper (around the headlight) fork diameter <----- can someone verify this? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Headlight-Mount-Brackets-Fork-Ears-Motorcycle-Bobber-Cafe-Racer-28mm-34mm-/360689577353?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fac62d89&vxp=mtr

thanks in advance

hose clamps?

hose clamps?

not hose clams, I want to support the headlight with something sturdier than rubber wrap-around.

I have an xr650r. 

great, thanks a lot. 

which headlight have you attached to?