Sign in to follow this  

Crf450r plastic conversion

Hey everyone. I have a 2006 crf450r and wanting to do a 2009-2012 crf450r plastic adapt. I know how to 2 the 2013-2015 but they look pretty bad with a single exhaust so wanting to go a 09-12. Is it possible?

Nope. You can put a 12 front end plastic and number plate work and it'll look 10x better tho! Search front fender or stuff like that. Bunch of threads in this. I did this awhile ago and my itch for a new bike went away

Brappppp

I know how to do the 2013-2015 crf450r plastics but cause I only have single exhaust it looks pretty bad with a massive gap there.

You huh? If you try putting 13 plastics on your bike(06) it's really gonna look like trash and the 15 plastics arnt out yet so idk &%$#@! your talking about there. BUT to answer your question you can order a single exhaust plate.. Be sure to post pics bud Edited by Diggla117

It isn't released yet but there's info on it. The plastic shape is the same as 13/14 maybe tiny difference like there's a grove In the rear guard. And nah it all blends in cause what needs to be made is sat behind everything. If I do it ill post pics on it. Thanks anyway

Thanks anyway for what? I answered your question. It all bends? You sound just like that other dude everybody keeps making fun of. No it dosnt all bend and yes it's gonna look like a pile of shit when your done. It's a 06 not a 15 which nobody could possibly know how those line up and there damn sure arnt replacement plastics out for that bike yet and it'll prob be a year before those are available. There is a airbox on the 6 that you have to consider also.

But yeah whatever whatever right? You sound like you have it all planned out so I wanna see these pics

Edited by Diggla117

What is it with these guys wanting to change the plastics, just go buy that model bike if that's the look you want.

Put the money all of this would cost into motor and suspension work!

What is it with these guys wanting to change the plastics, just go buy that model bike if that's the look you want.

Better yet what's with these dudes asking a question then getting defensive and telling you the answer they wanted to hear in the first place.

not everyone can afford a new bike. For the cost of a plastics kit and a bit of work they can have a nice looking modern-style bike for cheaper than a new bike.
  • Like 2

not everyone can afford a new bike. For the cost of a plastics kit and a bit of work they can have a nice looking modern-style bike for cheaper than a new bike.

HEY KTM JAKE!

THIS ISNT A KTM WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. A PLASTIC KIT FOR A NEWER MODEL CRF WILL NOT WORK ON THE 05-08 UNLESS YOU GET A HACK SAW AND SOME SELF TAPPERS AND MAKE IT WORK. And in that scenario me and everybody's else here really wanna see pics and see how many jokes we can come up with. :)

Look on YouTube. There is a video on a conversion for an 05. It has 2013 plastics. And sure ill just get a few grand from no where and go buy one? How was I getting defensive?

And I didn't say I'll go buy 2015 plastics did it? All I said is there very similar to the 2013/2014. There's a tiny difference and a new sticker kit. That's the plastics side. Anyway. This is why that guy got the shits with the people on the group.

And jakes actually right. Not everyone can afford a brand new bike

Fiberglass, zip ties, stickers to cover up and a broken seat... You win.

Edited by Diggla117
  • Like 1

honda goldwing stuff would be very unique on any crf

or crf on a gold wing....super duper moto