Sign in to follow this  

F**king center valve cover bolt

Okay I was just finishing up fixing my timing problem after my rebuild and I can't get the center 10mm bolt to line up and drop in on the valve cover I've tried every angle I can think of... anyone got any tips or tricks? Thanks sorry picture is sideways

1408071778808.jpg

Okay I was just finishing up fixing my timing problem after my rebuild and I can't get the center 10mm bolt to line up and drop in on the valve cover I've tried every angle I can think of... anyone got any tips or tricks? Thanks sorry picture is sideways

hahaha, that bolt is a bugger. maybe loosen up the other cover bolts and see if the gasket will shift enough to line up the hole. ive been thru my line up of 4 letter words quite a few times concerning this bolt. good luck

Usually slide the whole valve cover back toward the carb as far as you can and put that bolt in. Then while kind of holding the bolt up slide the valve cover forward until it drops in place and the bolt will go in the hole.

I dont think it is possible to get that bolt in with the valve cover in its final location but maybe??? On an xr600 you can unbolt all the motor mounts except the back one and the exhaust and rock the motor forward and down to make room.

I got it this morning after giving up last night I walked into my garage this morning looked at it and was like damn that's the wrong bolt. The one I was trying to put there way too long lol.. thanks for the help guys