Sign in to follow this  

what should I do RM 85 cracked oil drain plug

Hey I'm not really sure what to do now, I have an 2007 that I bought recently and I was going to check the oil and when we open the oil plug a small broken washer falls out and I notice this. Have not tried job weld yet ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408072949.470349.jpg

JB Weld******

I have the same problem with 94 rm250,worse even.I used metal putty and an oversized drain plug till I get it welded.Its been fine for 6 months so far,hasnt leaked a drop of oil.Use a plug with a smaller plug screwed into the plug so you can still change the oil.Or get it welded and re-tapped for perm fix.

I have the same problem with 94 rm250,worse even.I used metal putty and an oversized drain plug till I get it welded.Its been fine for 6 months so far,hasnt leaked a drop of oil.Use a plug with a smaller plug screwed into the plug so you can still change the oil.Or get it welded and re-tapped for perm fix.

I got it wielded it already had a bigger bolt it in pretty sad considering the dealer I bought it from didn't even change the oil :/

Dealers are always doing things like that. The correct way to weld that is to fill the entire hole with aluminum weld,  then re-tap a new hole to the OEM size bolt threads. Buy a new OEM bolt and crush washer and spin in it. JB weld is a 50/50 chance at best, and putting an oversize bolt in it will last until your next oil change.  If you know someone with a welding shop, they can probably tap the new hole threads for you too.