Sign in to follow this  

4CS revalve results

Just got the suspension revalved in my 15 350sxf by RidePG suspension. I lucked out and didn't need springs so it was a revalve only. The results after one ride was amazing. I had trouble with the forks stacking up early in the stroke and it made them feel like I was only using 1/2 the travel when stock. That feeling is long gone now. The best way I could desscribe would be to say during the ride I almost forgot I was supposed to be "testing" because I wasn't having any issues or abnormal traits. I was able to just ride and not have to think or worry about it. I highly recommend giving them a try. With all the thousands of places to try I rolled the dice and went with one of the "authorized" U.S. WP places and I'm thankful I did.

Don't you all find it ridiculous at some level that after buying a new bike for almost 10k you then have to go out and fix the suspension???

Don't you all find it ridiculous at some level that after buying a new bike for almost 10k you then have to go out and fix the suspension???

yes and no. Of course we wish we did not have to, but the manufacture does not know how big or small you are, how fast or not, what kind of track you will ride, ect...Its in your best interest to set it up for yourself. You will enjoy your investment that much more. Any bike I buy goes straight to the suspension shop, first thing.

But I'd think all bikes should work really well 90% of the time for the average rider, fact is though they really don't. For guys that are around 170lbs most bike will do the job most of the time as long as you don't push it to hard.

Oh well, is what it is.............. I have yet to pay for a revalve but I do always respring my bikes.

In a perfect world it would be great to just buy a bike and ride it and love it. But after having been SPOILED by having a bike that's perfectly set up for myself I can never go back. Not saying I couldn't be pleased or satisfied with it in it's stock form after tuning with clickers/oil level/springs. Its just really amazing how a bike personalized for just you ends up almost becoming an extention of your own body. Yes it sucks but I never thinking about a new bike with out adding the price of a good suspension place. It was also great to have the price of this one be half of what I expected it to be. To each their own but it helps me ride better by not worrying about what the bike might do and instead I can think more about technique and form.

You could buy a Yamaha with SSS boingers and have to fix the brakes and put it on a diet!