Sign in to follow this  

Picking up an 87 DR125 - Needs entire brake system

Hey there everyone.  I'm traveling 2 hours today to pick up this bike - http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/4604723300.html

Seems to be a good deal, it's running and it's cheap.  This is intended to be a bike for my wife to learn to ride on and then my son to grow into once he outgrows his XR80.  I haven't looked at it yet but I'm told it needs the entire brake system.  I've been hunting around on ebay and I can find some stuff but there are things I can't seem to locate.  I wondered where's a good place to source parts and also how much of the brake system from a DR200 will work?  Anyone know what years are interchangable?

Also, apparently the float needs adjusting.  He said it runs but dumps gas.  Probably I'll just tear it down and give it a good cleaning and put the float back into spec if it's not.  I'm not a carb guru but I know the basics.

Anything else you guys can tell me about this bike?

Thanks in advance - I'm headed to get it this afternoon and wife is anxious to be able to ride it so I'd like to get the parts on the way.

We picked it up......turns out it needs more than just brakes but it did start right up.  Has some weird home-made exhaust on it so I'll be looking to get that back to stock form.  Where's a good place to find used dirt bike parts other than ebay.  Must be somebody out there parting out one of these bikes.