Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to "lift-up" the silencer angle? (pro-circuit 304)

Hi guys, in an attempt make my RMX250 1995 look just a bit more "contemporary" I was wondering if any of you would know a way of lifting up a bit the angle of the silencer.

My silencer looks better than the stock one which pretty much comes straight from the pipe (my pipe is an FMF) however I thought that it could look even better if I could make it point more upwards, like like the modern motorcycle silencers look like.

Is there any adapter that could go between the pipe and the silencer that would shift the angle? Or is it possible to heat-it-up?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:4397]
Edited by ThePlague

In my opinion about all you could do is try to change out the end cap with a newer style silencer.

In my opinion about all you could do is try to change out the end cap with a newer style silencer.

Do you have a link to a photo/website of an actual silencer end cap that would fit the rmx?

I did some photoshoping on the bike picture so you can see exactly what I mean.

72d6j8.jpg

9jfvra.jpg

Owainyz03 is right, it's possible but you'd really have to chop up your bike to do it ~ and your bike "looks sweet" as is. In my earlier post what I was suggesting is measuring your silencer end cap dimensions (height & width) and then picking a used silencer off of eBay (with the same dimensions) and installing that end cap on your silencer.

Personally, I'd ride your bike like it is and not worry about how the silencer looks.  If it really does bug you, you could try finding a newer FMF silencer, the "nozzle" end cap design on those doesn't stick out as far.  One other thing, it does look like you've got a 125 kick starter installed, how well does it start with that?

96rmx250b.jpg

Owainyz03 is right, it's possible but you'd really have to chop up your bike to do it ~ and your bike "looks sweet" as is. In my earlier post what I was suggesting is measuring your silencer end cap dimensions (height & width) and then picking a used silencer off of eBay (with the same dimensions) and installing that end cap on your silencer.

Personally, I'd ride your bike like it is and not worry about how the silencer looks.  If it really does bug you, you could try finding a newer FMF silencer, the "nozzle" end cap design on those doesn't stick out as far.  One other thing, it does look like you've got a 125 kick starter installed, how well does it start with that?

Thanks man, that's a great idea, if I end-up doing it I'll post back here the results.

The kick starter works great, the previous owner had it installed, it's just the right size and lighter than the stock one, less prone to become loose IMO.