Sign in to follow this  

Tool kit

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone carries a little tool kit under their seat when they ride. Got a flat a few months ago and rode 5 miles cross country trying to get to the parking lot, and every once and a while my bike has a minor malfunction that i could easily fix on the trail. I was thinking about putting and adjustable wench in it, a multi bit screw driver, Allen wrench tool, inner tube repair kit, and a little bicycle pump i got at rei. Can anyone else think of something i might need?

If you have room under your seat you could do that or do what I do... I put a fanny pack on my number plate and put a 13/16 wrench and some plugs and other stuff. I ride a yz250 so plugs are sometimes necessary and I recently bought a cheap camel pack and just throw it in there

There's a couple of recent threads on this subject, with great pics, advice, ideas & explanations. A quick search should get quite a bit of reading.

• Like 1

There's a couple of recent threads on this subject, with great pics, advice, ideas & explanations. A quick search should get quite a bit of reading.

Emphasis on Quite A Bit!!!

• Like 1

This.

Are you saying just buy a KTM because they don't break? Except when they snap in half. I carry JB weld for those occasions.

Seriously though, a basic toolkit should fix 99% of trailside problems. If more than basic tools are required its time to head to the parking lot or home.

I keep many things in my backy packy 5L jug of oil ( i ride vintage. You may or may not know how that goes) spare masterlinks and chain plus assorted wrenches and sockets, spark plugs and tubes a bicycle pumps snacks and survival gear plus a first aid kit! My pack is pretty full and im sure im forgetting some things

• Like 1

Are you saying just buy a KTM because they don't break? Except when they snap in half. I carry JB weld for those occasions.

Seriously though, a basic toolkit should fix 99% of trailside problems. If more than basic tools are required its time to head to the parking lot or home.

No Lol you don't have to get a KTM.

But the fender pack is the way to go.

That will work, get some irons, I prefer 3.

Mike

3 iron huh? Must have some long green fairways. Oh for tires. I leave the tire irons in the truck just in case. Personally think the walk to the truck to be easier than carrying them all the time.
  • Like 1

3 iron huh? Must have some long green fairways. Oh for tires. I leave the tire irons in the truck just in case. Personally think the walk to the truck to be easier than carrying them all the time.

For me that could be a 50+ mile walk.

Mike

I keep many things in my backy packy 5L jug of oil ( i ride vintage. You may or may not know how that goes) spare masterlinks and chain plus assorted wrenches and sockets, spark plugs and tubes a bicycle pumps snacks and survival gear plus a first aid kit! My pack is pretty full and im sure im forgetting some things

For me that could be a 50+ mile walk.

Mike

So otherwise good time to think about what you should have done different.

Lol

• Like 1

So otherwise good time to think about what you should have done different.

Lol

To not get a flat? I get very few, but they're pretty much unavoidable. Now crashes and broken or bent parts, that's a different story. That's why I carry tools, and JB. And of course tie wire and duct tape.

LOL

Mike

• Like 1

Check out the Motion Pro t-6 Combo levers. They are great for tire changes since they double as axle nut wrenches and tire irons, also they are ultra light. I carry two with me.

• Like 1