Sign in to follow this  

What Bike Should I Get?

Im 5-9 i have never rode a dirtbike before but my dad has been riding and fixing motorcycles for 35 years so i trust him. He told me to look at 4 stroke ttr230's or honda crf 230 f's. That is what i would say. Even though the 230's are heavy u will get used to it and be ready for an even bigger bike once u get used to the heavy weight.

Depends on how in depth you want to get with riding. I moved from a 2004 ttr125 to a 2007 yz250f back in 2007 and so glad I did. However, the yz is a race bike and there is a day and night difference. So, if you're looking to expand to that level of riding and get great experience and technique then go for a yz250f or crf250r, those are the race versions. But again it depends what your pocket book will allow you to as well. The ttr230 is about 4000-5000 and the yz is about 6800-7300 brand new of course. Used you can pick up a 2007 yz250f for 1500 bucks.

Good luck in your search!

{Only The Best}

I was riding a drz-125 and moved to a crf250x best choice I ever made. I would go with the crf230 it's reliable and has very little maintaince. Everyone complains about weight but it's not that bad it's easier to lift up then my 250x.