2014 350RR Factory

you will be pleasantly satisfied with the EFI, I'm a 2t guy so engine breaking seemed enormous but less than I've experienced riding other 4ts when everyone wants to ride my 300RR...man i cant wait for everyone to ride a Beta so i can just ride my bike all the time! The 350RR EFI will be a top seller, simply amazing!

Thanks for the report. If you get the Rekluse Core you can get rid of almost all the engine braking by running the stiffer springs and lighter wedges. My 520 is at a very acceptable level of light engine braking just by running all 6 heavier springs. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. If you get the Rekluse Core you can get rid of almost all the engine braking by running the stiffer springs and lighter wedges. My 520 is at a very acceptable level of light engine braking just by running all 6 heavier springs.

the Rekluse is a good idea for sure however with Betas new EFI design you simply need to change the stepper motor settings to decrease or increase the amount of engine breaking....Beta makes everything easy.

the Rekluse is a good idea for sure however with Betas new EFI design you simply need to change the stepper motor settings to decrease or increase the amount of engine breaking....Beta makes everything easy.

Remember it's not a Beta thing, it's been done before. It's Beta's style to adapt what works to their platform rather then being a leader in technology. It does work well to add/reduce engine braking.

The original post said that on that day, in that terrain, the switch didn't seem to make much difference. I've used them before on GasGas' and Beta 2Ts to great effect, but in this case, on this day, on this bike, not so much.

Why would this switch work differently on that or any day, in that or any terrain?? It should either work or not right? Alter power or not??

Edited by weantright

Remember it's not a Beta thing, it's been done before. It's Beta's style to adapt what works to their platform rather then being a leader in technology. It does work well to add/reduce engine braking.

Why would this switch work differently on that or any day, in that or any terrain?? It should either work or not right? Alter power or not??

Man you guys like to split hairs on here!!! Wow, where did i say it was a Beta thing? They didn't invent the thing! They simply applied other technology (snowmobiles for example) to their Synerject R&D and developed a system that is simple and effective. I may stop posting if you guys dont stop acting like old women....i dont have time for such petty rhetoric.
  • Like 2

Man you guys like to split hairs on here!!! Wow, where did i say it was a Beta thing? They didn't invent the thing! They simply applied other technology (snowmobiles for example) to their Synerject R&D and developed a system that is simple and effective. I may stop posting if you guys dont stop acting like old women....i dont have time for such petty rhetoric.

Hell, you don't even have that many posts and I'm learning some stuff. Don't mind the cynics around here. You think this is bad, just go over to CA regional. I get my nuts cut off and handed to me just for posting how much I enjoy riding. 

• Like 1

+69

Chris by using stiffer springs you increase the clutch engagement point (i.e. rpm needed) and when accelerating from standstill or low speed with high gear, you get more of that auto transmission feel, or simply more slippage (if my English are correct).

So this might not be a problem in more open terrain but when you go around (or up and down) rocks in stop and go trial-like speeds, then you don't really have any clutch control. This is why  I am running my CORE in the lower possible rpm engagement (softer springs) and still is not very good in tight trails. The only place I feel happier is in dry or semi dry river beds where I don't have to cover the clutch to prevent stalling and I can stay more focused on choosing my path along the nasties.

Otherwise,  for me the best feature of an auto clutch is that I don't stall the engine with the rear brake (being on the tall side, that always was a problem).

However, you can't really compare a mechanical system that suddenly is letting go the rear wheel (or 'freewheeling' ) with an electronically controlled system that continuously checks and adjusts butterfly angle in order to give the desired engine braking which as stated previously will be possible to adjust with the diagnostic tool to suit rider preferences, however the bike I rode in Italy was perfect and I wouldn't touch it.

Also in the past some used a slipper clutch (like they use in road racing) in 4 strokes with excess engine braking (e.g. old Bergs) to get rid some of it. Very expensive mod for little payback but people were desperate (and tired....).

The 2015 RR350EFI for now, its the best combination of the 2 stroke and 4 stroke worlds. Progressive, easy to use and long power from the  4 stroke world with the lightness, responsiveness and minimal engine braking from the 2 stroke world.

I am sure that when you try the bike, you'll understand.

Just be patient (and maybe start saving some cash.....? ).

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 1

Hi there. To be honest I really don't know the engine braking "control" works with fuel injection. I imagine it's done with engine speed. I do know that with different weights and springs in the Rekluse clutch pack and adjusting idle (on a carbed bike), I can really dial in the engine braking to your liking. I have been doing just that with both my old Z-Start and Core. If I understand you correctly there is the compromise of more slippage at the lower RPM. That's where the wedge weights come in. With the heavier weights and heavy springs it gives you the best of both worlds. Less engine braking and the clutch disengaging (grabbing) with little slip.

Of course with this new technology, you are 100% correct. I really cant compare the two. Sounds like Beta has really nailed it with a really good FI system that fits a good population of riders. I'm really excited to try one out. Just think fuel injection AND a Core clutch. That's going to be way cool!

Took the 350RR on a Dual Sport ride.  The 2014 Reno Ride.  It is official.  To make this bike better I will be junking the seat and tires this week.  Adding a Rekluse and will see how much better it feels.  

I have 200 miles on the bike now and the front tire shows no wear but it also has no grip except on asphalt.  Rear tire is chunking and no grip also.  Lots of guys commented on my bike and of course felt the seat and asked if I was running a 2X6 as a seat?

betarenoride2014right_zps3335d66f.jpg

betarenoride2014_zps4ae283f7.jpg

Took the 350RR on a Dual Sport ride.  The 2014 Reno Ride.  It is official.  To make this bike better I will be junking the seat and tires this week.  Adding a Rekluse and will see how much better it feels.  

I have 200 miles on the bike now and the front tire shows no wear but it also has no grip except on asphalt.  Rear tire is chunking and no grip also.  Lots of guys commented on my bike and of course felt the seat and asked if I was running a 2X6 as a seat?

That your Hitch rack? How do you like it? Thanks.

That your Hitch rack? How do you like it? Thanks.

Yes that is the Ultimate MX Hauler and it is freaking awesome.  I've had it 4 years now and have used it with my Pickup and Motorhome.  It will carry a bike up to 350lbs.   3 trips to Baja and  dozens to local riding areas and has never failed me.  Only one complaint, it's heavy.  I cart it in an old tool box with wheels to get it to my vehicle.  Here is the number and website.

Ultimate MX Hauler

1-866-211-3418

http://www.ultimatemxhauler.com/

Edited by KX290F Pilot

Some of you may be interested to know that I have successfully mounted the 2.5 gallon clear tank on my 350rr factory. Took me about 30 minutes to remold the left side near the cylinder heard and the sump above the carb. I don't think I lost any capacity either, well maybe a little.

Quick question on the suspension. Were you able to get the CC forks to work well out of the box or did you get a revalve? Reason I ask is because a lot of the guys are disappointed at how harsh they are in stock form. From all I hear, CC forks (in stock form) only work well for guys that are really fast over the rough stuff. How did they work for the dual sport ride? Plush or hard edged? Can you adjust the clickers to your liking? They look to have a boatload of adjustments according to the manual.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/images/partsbooks/2012_SHIVER_48_40_Manuale_ED00_2012_12_18_00.pdf

Quick question on the suspension. Were you able to get the CC forks to work well out of the box or did you get a revalve? Reason I ask is because a lot of the guys are disappointed at how harsh they are in stock form. From all I hear, CC forks (in stock form) only work well for guys that are really fast over the rough stuff. How did they work for the dual sport ride? Plush or hard edged? Can you adjust the clickers to your liking? They look to have a boatload of adjustments according to the manual.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/images/partsbooks/2012_SHIVER_48_40_Manuale_ED00_2012_12_18_00.pdf[/quote

This fork has a preload spring at the top which can be adjusted for a softer setting; the manual is a worth while read and has a good section on settings.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/2012Support/Other/marzocchi%2050mm%20closed%20cartridge%20shiver.pdf

Took the 350RR on a Dual Sport ride. The 2014 Reno Ride. It is official. To make this bike better I will be junking the seat and tires this week. Adding a Rekluse and will see how much better it feels.

I have 200 miles on the bike now and the front tire shows no wear but it also has no grip except on asphalt. Rear tire is chunking and no grip also. Lots of guys commented on my bike and of course felt the seat and asked if I was running a 2X6 as a seat?

I'm not certain Rekluse are making a kit for this model of clutch yet due to the low number of units in the field. Has one fitted one?

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/images/partsbooks/2012_SHIVER_48_40_Manuale_ED00_2012_12_18_00.pdf

It is not super plush.  It does feel better at speed.  I have played with the clickers so far but not the PFP on the base valve.  I believe PFP takes preload off the base valve to let it open up sooner to make it more plush on initial stroke.  Now that it is broke in more I will probably start to mess with that setting some more.

• Like 1

AB has the 2015 RR parts / accessories listed. I believe it said 2010+ Rekluse Core EXP 3 will fit all four strokes. That is the only kit available though.

That kit will not fit this clutch, totally different system. A lot of parts would have to be changed to make the current Rekluse work including changing the clutch cover.

Some of you may be interested to know that I have successfully mounted the 2.5 gallon clear tank on my 350rr factory. Took me about 30 minutes to remold the left side near the cylinder heard and the sump above the carb. I don't think I lost any capacity either, well maybe a little.

Photos? Have you put it to use yet? Perhaps another thread?