Sign in to follow this  

Jetting suggestion. 09 505 at 7k to 9k elevation.

Looking for some suggestions on jetting my 505 for the Colorado front range. Will be riding mostly between 7k to 9k elevation. Thanks.

Marko.

Looking for some suggestions on jetting my 505 for the Colorado front range. Will be riding mostly between 7k to 9k elevation. Thanks.

Marko.

I believe the rule of thumb is: one size leaner per 2500ft.??? My stock main is 350 and I run between 310 and 330. I mainly ride in denver. I ride a yz 125. Jetting depends on a variety of factors so there's no easy answer. I don't know much about 4 strokes and not sure if the same jetting rules apply. Try the FMF website or try to find an online version of the Clymer repair manual for your bike.

Check out Idaho Springs and the central city trail system. Also, There's and area called Four Mile which is near Buena Vista that is a good place to explore.

Have fun!

buy a jet kit there great diy kits. if you go jd jet kit make sure you have a float bowl that has a leak jet.if not they will sell you one.it made all the difference on my sons 09 450 xcf which use's the same kit as the 505 xcf.

Jd has got pretty good instructions for what jetting you need for your altitude and temps to i dont know if you could find that online?