Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400s as a starting point.

Hello all, this will be my first post to TT and I know this has been covered fairly well, but im still slightly confused about the whole matter. I have been looking into a DRZ400s as an inexpensive form of transportation to get me the 10 miles to school one way, and it seems like a good point to start because I can leave it stock and keep the power down to a more beginner friendly level, and then as I get more competent upgrade it and do mods such as 3x3 and exhaust ect. So I have been reading around and some seem to say, no its to big, some say, oh its fine you will love it, of course we can't all agree. I will start off I am no small guy, 5'11" and still growing(I expect to be about 6 like my father) I am a solid 180 pounds, 16 and not weak. I have respectable skill with mountain biking and have been doing that since I was 6. I can touch the ground on both sides on my mountain bike seat at 34 inches above the ground easily, I hear the drz is 37? I am not a crazy type and won't be trying to do any kind of stunts until I actually have a good feel for the bike I eventually go with(not a stunty guy anyway). I am sorry if I come across as a ignorant newbie, but everyone must learn right?

~ Julian

Thank you in advance for any wisdom from you more experienced riders!

An excellent motorcycle that will still be running and fun to ride long after you graduate from HS and college.

Thanks for you input, it is definitely a strong contender in my list, (3 bikes? lol) unfortunately i will have to wait a year or so before i can cough up the money for a used one.