Where can a 990 go? Answer below

990 Adventure that is. Let's just say damn near anywhere. Rode a good portion of the Rainbow Trail, Crest Trail, Deadman's Gulch, Reno Divide to Italian Creek. Those are in Salida and Crested Butte, Co for those that don't know. Some pretty tough trails. Relatively no mud however.

Edited by DR.billZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've heard of a Ford Taurus being parked at the top of Goose Lake in Red River, NM.

I've done Imogene Pass between Ouray and Telluride on a 950 Adventure w/o knobbies.

It's the difference between having a tool to do the job vs. having the right tool to do the job.  Either way the job gets done, but the job is always more enjoyable with the right tool.

• 2 weeks later...

I've riden my 990 all over the place since 2007. My problem is that after a get off, it's so damn hard to pick up without killing my back. So, I bought the 2014 690R. And like every other Adventure Rider here in So Cal, I have switched back to a lighter bike for the off road.  That said, if I decide to go on a multi day 1000 mile ride including off road I'll take the 990.