Sign in to follow this  

Kx 125 Build

So i have had this 2001 Kx 125 for about a year now and thought i might as well put all these pictures to good use.

Here she is on day one. 1.JPG   15.JPG   5.JPG   13.JPG   Snapshot_20130919_25.JPG

after a little clean up. 4.JPG   17.JPG   14.JPG

Finally i decided to just tear it down and start over.   Snapshot_20131017.JPG   Snapshot_20131225_100.JPG   Snapshot_20131225_120.JPG   Snapshot_20131226_1.JPG   

• Like 1

while the frame and cylinder where gone i started on all the bearings, front and rear wheel bearings where toast along with the linkage!  no needles left in one of the linkage bearings whatsoever  :naughty:   Snapshot_20131019_2.JPG   Snapshot_20131027_3.JPG  

fresh front and rear wheel bearings.   51.JPG  

couple of hours later i managed to get the peices that where left in the linkage out.  Snapshot_20131027_1.JPG  

finished linkage ready to go.  53.JPG

Edited by NzJohny

after replacing the bearings i started parts cleaning.  Snapshot_20131201_1.JPG   Snapshot_20131201_2.JPG   

bottom end seems good, no up and down crank movement just a slight side to side.  Snapshot_20131226_8.JPG  Snapshot_20131226_12.JPG  

Damn, Really looking good now. You need to slow down. You're making me tired. LOL  You've done alot in a short amount of time. My age is showing. Getting tired from watching other people work.

You've done alot of work on that. Just don't keep it a beauty queen. Ride it like you stole it and enjoy the hell out of it. Awesome job. Bike completely resurrected for the cost of a completed rebuild of a 4 stroke.

I really like what you've done. A small suggestion...straighten the cooling fins on the rads. With those tiny radiators, you really do need to keep them as efficient as they can be. They make combs for it, but I generally gently push an appropriately sized plastic zip-tie through. If need be, I might have to straighten a fin with needle-nose pliers. Most of the time I can clean up a nasty lookin' radiator in about an hour.

• Like 1

so i have removed the wheels and got these. run out of money  :banghead:  so i will have to wait a week or 2 for the spokes / tires. black wheels (1).JPG 

i have decided to go ahead and powder coat my hubs, but what color? black seems to much and green now seems out of place? any suggestion would be a great help.   black wheels (2).JPG