Sign in to follow this  

SSR 70

Hello, not sure where to post this. I'm hoping someone can assist. I have a ssr70 only 6 months old that has become slowly over time impossible to start. Recently went riding and got the bike covered in mud. That's when it started to run poor. Had to keep turning the idle up just to finish the day. I cleaned the bike filter, carb new plug oil. Checked for spark. The only way to start the bike is to roll start. Then I have to get it hot to stay running. It still will die time to time but I can kick start as long a it's hot. The longer it sits the harder it is to start. I am wondering what to check next. Was thinking about compression test or checking the heads which I've never done. Any help is greatly appreciated!I really want to learn to fix these bikes and maintain properly.

What plug did you use as a replacement? I recommend the ngk r plugs. There a higher heat plug and pull your stator cover off making sure the magnet on your fly wheel and outer point are not covered in mud. Also how far out is your fuel screw? Almost sounds like your bikes running really rich (flooding when you try to start) also check how high your needle clip is in the carb and Google your local elevation. You may want your bike a little more lean or rich depending on elevation but I would guess your running rich. If all that fails and it is in fact a spark issue its not uncommon for the cdi to go in those pit bikes especially if you took it through water and mud.