Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 2001 Yamaha Wolverine - No bottom end power, top end pulls great?

Hey guys,

I bought an 01 Wolverine last year. I had to replace the joint between the carb and motor, put a K&N filter (local shop only had that to fit), put a dg rcm II muffler, and went up on my jets to accomdate the new air flow. Bike runs great on flat ground and at middle and upper rpms. It has basically no low end power though. As in, if I put it on my ramp to go into my truck and stopped once the bike was fully on, it wouldn't budge to crawl up it. It bogs down when climbing slight hills (I live in south louisiana so I'm talking very slight hills) when at speed. And the thought of pulling in mud is out of the question. What could be going on? A friend suggested maybe the clutch was in bad shape, although it does shift okay. Could the jetting be messed up still? I just cant imagine if its jetting that I can scream in the middle and lower rpms and then just not get any torque, regardless of rpms. Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

JDub

IMG_1807.JPG

Hey dallas,

not quite following you. I think i know where you are going with that, but i should also mention that the bike has no pulling power on flat ground either. Does that change your opinion or no?

Edited by JDub85

Sounds like a pilot jet issue. Try going one size richer and make sure you have a clean carb. What does your plug look like?

Edited by thumpthis723