NEW WR 426

WELL AFTER SOME THOUGHT, JUST ODERED NEW WR426 TO BE DELIVERED THIS AFTERNOON. I HAVE NOT RIDDEN ONE BUT AM GOINING BY WHAT I READ HERE.I HOPE RELIABILITY IS NOT A PROBLEM. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUTS.

CANT WAIT TO BREAK IT IN ! ?

Yo Tony, Where have you been, reliability? These bikes are the worst!!! We're all talking about boycotting Yamaha for all the bad WR426's they've been shipping to Canada, Australia and the states. Can you cancel your order and buy a KTM?

Just kidding ? Welcome aboard, you will probably find way too much information on a motorcycle than anyone in their right mind should need but what else would you expect to find on the internet but a bunch of crazy loons anyway, Good luck!!

Dan

PS. These bikes are really reliable

Who you kidding dan? Tell the guy the truth. I have had nothing but trouble with mine. the dealer doesnt want to touch it even though they can't even get it started. it overheats all the time and pings like a bastard. I love this bike, it rips and I have had no problems either.

Enjoy your new ride

Mike

Originally posted by mike68:

Who you kidding dan? Tell the guy the truth. I have had nothing but trouble with mine. the dealer doesnt want to touch it even though they can't even get it started. it overheats all the time and pings like a bastard. I love this bike, it rips and I have had no problems either.

Enjoy your new ride

thanks for restoring my confidence guys

well the moment has come. the toy is here. wow!! cant wait to at least go for a spin around the block. sudenly the phone rings. its a friend that is looking for a used car. can i go with him to check one out? sure.

have to wait for later.

finally get back home. full choke no throtle. second kick it starts. i take off.

THIS BIKE IS NOT MEANT TO BE RIDDEN ON THE ROAD!

i was told that 01 wr426 does not need a yz throtle stop screw in australia. is this true?

Mike

Tony, You're scoring points with me big time with the "Not a street bike comment". I feel the same way, but I will get a plate for mine just so I can go on rides where I have to have it. My bike is from Canada where they don't have throttle stops, im sure your bike is the same as mine.

Dan

i've got this DVP needle up on the equivelant of clip No9. to make sure that it doesn't pull straight out the top of the ET i put the UK throttle stop back in & the slide stops at the same place.

dunno why i bothered now!

Taffy

Originally posted by Mitch from Oz:

No throttle stop on Aussie models...

Perfect for the road. I have had mine setup as supermotard for some time. You may have heard/seen me on the Black Spur or Reefton spur or Great Ocean road.... ?

Dont get me wrong guys, it feels like a fire breather even while running in. just feels rough on the road ( I also ride an XJR 1300 )

feels a little bit lean off idle. also pipe glows red hot after 5 minutes at idle. is this normal? should i adjust mixture screw /pilot jet now or wait till i run it in. Mitch, i desperately need to find somewhere to run the bike in this week end. i live north of melbourne. ( preferably not the great ocean road or the black spur) :D

PLEASE HELP!

• 4 years later...