Sign in to follow this  

Best cornering method?

I have been racing on a yz85 for 1 year and I watch other guys my age (14) and they are just pinning the throttle and flying

Past me I try to watch what they do but does anyone know a video or a good advise to practice cornering? And should I downshift or

Up shift befor the corner and I'm confused about slipping the clutch to power out of the corner? I'm kinda a newb at this but if u can help that would be great thanks:)!

Hmmmm, best cornering technique?

I usually find it works best to enter a corner before exiting.

• Like 1

When I was younger my buddies and I used to have little competitions to see who could get their bars closest to the ground in berms.

Had some of my funniest crashes doing that...:lol:

• Like 1

When I was younger my buddies and I used to have little competitions to see who could get their bars closest to the ground in berms.

Had some of my funniest crashes doing that...:lol:

We used to practice figure 8's!

Barrel racing with bikes.

I found out early on. Some can corner good in only one direction. Kinda like NASCAR!

Practicing figure 8's you will learn to lean it over, and the right amount of acceleration to apply, also how to use your leg and braking.

Its as simple as that.

• Like 3

Hey thanks i extremely appreciate the help but it isn't so much the body position that's my prob it's the clutching and throttle control I have? Any suggestions on that?

• Like 1

Hey thanks i extremely appreciate the help but it isn't so much the body position that's my prob it's the clutching and throttle control I have? Any suggestions on that?

Lay out two tires or buckets in your yard and practice.

Its all relative.

Its all got to be one fluid motion.

Second nature. Muscle memory.

It takes practice. You will get it.

You don't need big berms or ruts to practice turns. If you get it on a flat surface like your yard. You will blast through the corners with a rut or berm.

I have been racing on a yz85 for 1 year and I watch other guys my age (14) and they are just pinning the throttle and flying

Past me I try to watch what they do but does anyone know a video or a good advise to practice cornering? And should I downshift or

Up shift befor the corner and I'm confused about slipping the clutch to power out of the corner? I'm kinda a newb at this but if u can help that would be great thanks:)!

Also some riders ride the rear brake while on the throttle, this keeps the rpm's up, but gives some controlled power thru the corner.

Also with jumps too I'm having a hard time clearing them well geting enough speed to goer over them should I pop the clutch at the take off??

Also with jumps too I'm having a hard time clearing them well geting enough speed to goer over them should I pop the clutch at the take off??

What bike did you buy?

But I am liking the yz a lot but still not to sure what would Choose but so far I'm gunna get the yz over the ktm even know I havnt ridin on the ktm

I'm 14 but my birthday isn't right on the account it says I'm 34

You've got to ring it out on a yz85.

Its power is at the top like a 125.

That said.

That's going to take practice. Its not easy. You have to get the feel of the bike. Each bike is different in some way or another, even if its the same size same brand. So practice. practice. practice.

Take a riding class if available in your area.

Its money well spent.

Look through the technical riding forum here.

You can get a lot of answers there. The mod is a former national pro. I believe, he has a riding school.

It will do you good to ask him some questions.