Sign in to follow this  

Wanting to update 1999 plastics

I have a 99 KTM 200 XC that I'd like to dress her up a little bit.  I'm going to put on a 99 rear fender because I think it would be a pain to get a new one to match up right.

But for the front I'd like to put a new front fender and front number plate.  Did the front fender change style in 2002?  And if so would a 2002 front fender and # plate bolt on relatively easy?

Please LMK.  Thank you.

Any of the different front fenders will bolt on up to 2012. The 2013-2015 front fender will work as well but you will need to get an adapter plate to bolt the two front bolts on the fender. What ever fender you chose to run you will need to get the front plate that matches it. Of all the front fenders I like the 2008-2012 front fenders the best. They are not as hooked at the front as the 2003-2007 fenders are so they don't hit the front wheel when you bottom out. I think the newest front fenders with the ridge back are just plain ugly.

• Like 2

i have a 1999 ktm 250exc and i have the 04-06 front fender and number plate on the front and it bolted right up and it looks great! gave it a more modern look, and personally i like the looks of the rest of the plastic so i didnt change that.