Sign in to follow this  

Carb spills fuel when fuel turned on

I have a 2002 cr250r and the second I turn on the fuel from the tank it just goes right through the carb and out the overflow. I have tried using a rubber hammer to make sure the float isn't stuck. I have checked the float needle and it looks to be in good shape but I'm not sure what to do that will fix my problem. I'm guessing adjust the float level but how do you do that? Maybe it's something else? Any suggestions?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408234777.708682.jpg

If you cleaned the float already and it still leaks, then I would change out both the needle and the seat.

Tweek the float needle tab to stop the leak to get you by. The float will be a little off though. Order new needle. Install new needle. FOLLOW THE SERVICE MANUAL CAREFULLY when u install the needle. Make double triple sure float is at the right level from edge of parting surface of carb edge.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408290693.265021.jpg

Number 4. There is a gasket that slowly dissolves (I guess is the word). It happened to me on my 06 CR 250.

• Like 2

That's exactly what it was! Thanks so much for the reply and I hope this helps other people with the same issue. It was $2.27 for a pack of 9 so nice and cheap fix

• Like 1