ttr-125 mods?

hey guys how are you. im new to the forum and I have a ttr 125, I was wondering are there any mods for this style bike to increase top speed and power. at the moment she tops out a 46. that's not slow but I really want to see her go faster then that. only thing I have on it now is a yoshimura pipe, but I didn't change the jets. so if anyone could suggest some mods, I would really appreciate. im really bored while waiting on the engine for my hammerhead 250, so I figured to just play with the dirtbike

really just wanted to play with it to see what kind of beast I could create. sooner or later I will be getting me a yz250f

Mikuni vm24mm carb and the pipe you have will really wake it up. I believe the 24mm is a straight replacement, no mods needed. 20 pilot, 150 is a good baseline start point. Can buy one cheap on ebay, just make sure it's a real one. Also there's a difference in jetting from the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke carb.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1022145-mikuni-vm24-ttr125-photos/

thanks guys. I will be looking into that mikuni carb. ebay will try to sell knockoff  brands, I will see if I can find a retail seller

I bought a ttr 125e with the 150 bb kit already installed and a yz85 front end... Since I bought it I did the air box mod and the vm24 carb. Huge difference. starts up easy and without the choke. Im running the stock exhaust for now. I got the bbr chain guide to save the chain from flying off like they are known to do. Im picking up a lighter flywheel. That in itself is the best mod you can do. It will increase throttle response and you will accelerate faster. I am fabbing up my own skid plate. Next year I will get the fmf pipe for it. That's as far as I will go with it being its my wifes bike and im modding it only because I cant help it lol. Have fun with it!

I second the real Mikuni. I got one of the Chineese Mikunis and is a total waste of money. Runs horrible fouls plugs and you cannot rejet the thing, none are marked. POS! 

Are you asking me kingster? I have $50 in the carb. I traded a 2006 kx85 race bike and got some cash on top for the ttr. The pipe is 130 my cost. I wont have anything in the frame brace/skid plate other than material I have laying around. The shaved flywheel is 50 dollars. As far as top speed goes I do not know and its not relevant. We woods ride and she does not ever come close to top speed.

Frame cradle and stuff to keep it durable.  If your a decent rider, you can make a stock TTR do wonders on a variety of terrain.

After riding mine (normal bike is a KTM150SX) on our little TTR track, Ive gone through a couple hubs and rims, so I tend to save my money for repairs over putting it into performance mods.

You can do a few things at a low cost though, and I would definitely recommend the air box mod especially since you already have an exhaust.

BTW, can I ask what your fascination is regarding top speed?  Are you riding this as a supermoto bike or something where top speed is an issue?

Well lets just say i had a chance to ride a yz250 2 stroke. Crazy power!

I wouldn't discourage him about a ttr125, I own one that my girlfriend rides, and I still have a blast hopping on it after riding one of my other bikes, (250 smoker 250f and 450f) I can tell you that jetting and airbox mods will benefit you, right now my 2011 ttr125 is running a factory pipe with a bbr filter kit and air box mods,(cut the top off the air box and remove back fire screen)along with a 17 pilot jet and 107.5 main, it did pep it up some quite a bit actually, you can also have the fly wheel lightened up to make the bike rev faster, that's about the only plans I have for this bike other than a frame cradle, at this point down the road I'll probably put yz85 forks and a big bore kit but until then I'm happy with it. Below are some pictures showing the bbr filter compared to stock ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431979810.833388.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431979842.228201.jpg

I have a Yamaha TTR 125 with a BBR 150 on it everything else is stock and I was wanting to know around how much more power and top speed it has compared to completely stock 125 engine

• Like 1

I just got a Yamaha ttr 125 and i love it, i have already put a fmf power core four exhaust on it and i can feel a good power change, i also have a bbr chain guide and bbr air filter that is so nice and i have the yz 85 forks and swing arm and it really improves the ride and speed. this is fun bike i just orderd a new flywheel and 150 and i might use the yz frame or just get a bbr 150 frame. its a sick little bike.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, moto kingzz said:

Get a power band it makes a difference

Check the dates, you are replying to a 4 year old thread and deaf ears (eyes)

as most of these forum members haven't logged online for many years.

Edited by mlatour