Sign in to follow this  

2001 klx300 throttle return issues

hey there i picked up a 01 klx 300 recently and i had to clean the carb out because the last owner didnt drain it, after i cleaned it throughly i put it back in and went to make sure the slide and cables opened and closed like normal, but for some odd reasons the close wont unless you roll on the throttle to close it. wen i had the carb out i cleaned it and made sure that the return spring was still good which it was and snapped right back to close. but i dont know if was something i did wrong or what this is the first 4 stroke i have owned and havent dealt with the open/close cables before use to the 2 strokes carbs which i have cleaned and re jetted a bunch of time if any one could help me out that would be awesome.

If the carb was acting properly when it was out of the bike are you sure when you put it back in there is not something interfering with the action of the linkage itself ? Did you check to make sure you do not have a cable issue ? Sometimes improper routing can cause them to not operate freely. Is the throttle assembly turning as it should ?  

The end of a grip rubbing on a bark buster out the bar end?  Routed cables?  Kinked cables when removing carb?  Clean and lube cables?  Clean and lube throttle cam?