Sign in to follow this  

2008 Suzuki DR200 running lean. Suggestions?

Hey, new member here. The ADV rider forum didn't seem to be to helpful to i came here.

I have a 2008 suzuki dr200. It recently started running lean. Backfiring, lag, and i cant seem to find the problem. It seems to do it off and on. One day it will run great, then sporadically start running lean, to the point of red hot exhaust.   It has vacuum, valve clearance has been checked, carb cleaned and retuned, and still nothings changed. The bike is practically brand new with 2700km. Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone who this has happened too before? These bikes are suppose to be extremely reliable, but I've barely been able to ride it. The problem started about 2 months after i purchased it off the original owner. 

A bike that is suddenly running lean is not a jetting plroblem. A fuel flow isse, from a tank vent to a carb jet or someplace inbetween.

Red hot exhaust is normal if the speed is low or the bike is just idling.

On again off again issues are more often electrical. Fueling and mechanical issues tend to be constant.

what kind of electrical issues could it be? how should i check a fuel flow issue?