Sign in to follow this  

Went noodling yesterday.

meh average 

:p

• Like 3

Was able to snag this little guy.

That looks like Matt Lauer of the Today Show............ :naughty:

My friend moved to Plano and his neighbor took him out to do this.....he reached down, and they were already in waist deep water, and the sucker charged out from under the concrete slab and totally swallowed his fist and raked his arm with his teeth. Pulled him under for a split second and he was cussin' and everyone else was laughing their asses off. Apparently, up to then, they only had caught small ones, and then went to the lunker hole and had the "gringo" give it a try. When I saw the pictures I totally peed my pants laughing........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

It's a huge sport in Arkansas and Oklahoma. They grow em big down there. They've been told for years what happens when you inbreed. Lmao.. jk. Not. Lol.

• Like 3

It's a huge sport in Arkansas and Oklahoma. They grow em big down there. They've been told for years what happens when you inbreed. Lmao.. jk. Not. Lol.

LOL!

You still running that 216?

No, switched over about 3 weeks ago to a Michelin S12XC 140-80-18. Pretty similar tread knob configuration, and it's an intermediate compound, grips really well.....just not sure how it'll last. I like it tho... :smirk:

Was looking at a Kenda 775 in 120-100-18, which also had what looked like a very similar tread design, but changed at the last second.

Edited by Signman606

No, switched over about 3 weeks ago to a Michelin S12XC 140-80-18. Pretty similar tread knob configuration, and it's an intermediate compound, grips really well.....just not sure how it'll last. I like it tho... :smirk:

Sounds like you got some good mileage out of the 216. I have run the S12s with "meh" results. Great in the muddiest of mud but in hard pack and rocks I found them to be less then confidence inspiring, pretty much dangerous...

i value my fingers too much to risk shoving my fist in mud holes

• Like 1

Sounds like you got some good mileage out of the 216. I have run the S12s with "meh" results. Great in the muddiest of mud but in hard pack and rocks I found them to be less then confidence inspiring, pretty much dangerous...

Supposedly they changed the compounds and they are stickier now......all I can say is I've done 3 or 4 rides now and it works pretty good. I would ultimately like to find a taller sidewalled tire......

i value my fingers too much to risk shoving my fist in mud holes

Yeh, hahahaha, don't know who came up with the idea, or how much beer you have to drink to think this is fun, but no way I'm doing that.....hahahahahaha :thumbsdn:

• Like 2

I would have tried it. I'm from Oklahoma but never noodled. I left there in the early 70's. Nobody noodled back then, at least no that I had ever heard of.

I lived near Lake Fort Gibson and caught TONS of catfish. Some where huge. I've seen 80 - 100 pound catfish come out of that lake and huge spoonbill.

Great picture!

• Like 3

Something that big would drown you so easily. I want to go noodling so bad, but no bit catfish up here and the water is too damn cold.

He went Noodling..?..What the F#$%..Anyone in the know , care to enlighten us uninformed Aussies what this is all about.. :shocked:

jump'in in a lake to hand grope a fish.??.. :facepalm:

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 3

He went Noodling..?..What the F#$%..Anyone in the know , care to enlighten us uninformed Aussies what this is all about.. :shocked:

jump'in in a lake to hand grope a fish.??.. :facepalm:

They put flat rocks or slabs of concrete in the river and as the current goes over them it hollows out a space underneath. Then these catfish burrow in there and lay their eggs and hang out. Then, you walk down the river feeling with your feet where the slabs are and reach down and into the hole with your hand and either grab on, or they grab your hand......(that's what my friend told me anyway)

• Like 1