Sign in to follow this  

Washington Taskys up for sale?

Don't know what to say about this...........hate to see great shops change or close,,,...,good for Jeff, but who knows what's next.

Remember Auburn Motorsports? Tasky's kinda filled the void left by Don's passing. Here's hoping someone with passion takes this and keeps it alive.

DSCN5060.JPG

Edited by Moe Mentum
  • Like 2

I wonder if there is something more to the story. Did Husqvarna drop taskys?

well even if they did hes got like 3-4 other brands he carries.

Pretty shocked to hear this news. Jeff and Jamie run a great shop and are a pleasure to do business with.

Edited by zoomdude57

Here is your chance Steve! get in to the motorsports industry and swim in all that is Husq !

Joe

or switch back to ktm.
  • Like 1

or switch back to ktm.

Probably can't happen with Jim Boltz having a KTM dealership just a few miles to the north.

Edited by tod701

Probably can't happen with Jim Boltz having a KTM dealership just a few miles to the north.

I meant buy a ktm for myself.

The KTM/Husky Dealership Floor Plan commitment is putting the crunch on smaller dealers.

• Like 1

The KTM/Husky Dealership Floor Plan commitment is putting the crunch on smaller dealers.

what is that agreement?  Both or none?

what is that agreement?  Both or none?

KTM has slowly weeded out the underperforming dealers (in their view) that won't pre-purchase units under terms of the Floor Plan program. Many Mom and Pop type dealers are being pushed aside as Husky becomes mainstream under KTM..... This already happened on the KTM side a few years ago....

Requirement to use the Floor Plan system to display a wide range of models plus commit to purchasing x units per year in the different categories and use the OEM retail financing programs to sell units, too. This is typical Dealership stuff in many industries from heavy equipment to cars/trucks....

• Like 2

well even if they did hes got like 3-4 other brands he carries.

Not so sure about that. The business sale add says no bikes included with sale. Looks like just some part and accessory stock, equipment and name for sale.

Not so sure about that. The business sale add says no bikes included with sale. Looks like just some part and accessory stock, equipment and name for sale.

ah missed that

Anyone know why Tasky's didn't pick up Beta?  I've seen a few on the trails up at Walker, they get good reviews, and the "boutique" bikes are right up his alley.  

Anyone know why Tasky's didn't pick up Beta?  I've seen a few on the trails up at Walker, they get good reviews, and the "boutique" bikes are right up his alley.  

I picked up my Beta from Franks Motorbikes in Bellevue, maybe Taskys was to close to justify trying to sell Beta. 

I've drank a lot of beer since then, but I think I remember seeing Beta's in his shop when I bought my bike there in 2011...

Thanks guys,

Jamie and I are going to semi-retire soon. Our building has a new owner who has plans for the entire sq. footage. We have the place up for sale as " turn key ready to relocate " Since we don't own our franchises, we decided to discontinue our lines. We left Husqvarna in good standing and on mutual terms and wish them all the best in the next chapter of the brand.

If there is no buyer, we will be liquidating and closing up shop in a couple months and moving on.

It has been a great ride for sure!

See you on the trail........

Thanks,

Jeff and Jamie Tasky

• Like 7

Jamie and I are going to semi-retire soon.

Jeff and Jamie - You have been assets to the local riding community.

In an outright expression of selfishness, I hope that you two don't stray too far way for long.

Enjoy the path ahead.

Happy trails :ride:

• Like 3

I'll miss the shop for sure.  I've been working in the UK for the whole summer, so no rides recently, but I'll be in for some new plastics for your old TXC310R.  You didn't tell me about the tree-seeking fender when I bought it.   :busted: