Sign in to follow this  

Help please, I'm stalling!

A little guidance please? I took my 09 kx450 out to the track last week and rode prepping and dialing my suspension in for Saturdays race, the bike did great!

The day of the race I changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter.

I get to the track, line up for practice make it past the holeshot and my bike stalls. I started it 4 kicks (unusual), I took off made it 1/4 the way around it starts sputtering and bogging, I pinned it she take off again I get 3/4 a lap and she sputtered bogged out and died. 6 kicks (what the heck?) started I get to the finish line she dies again, 6 more kicks doesn't start I pushed it to the truck.

Pre oiled air filter had a ton of oil on it so I swapped to the old one started first kick rode it around the pits for about 2 minutes it starts sputtering and dies, I got it started took it to the truck messed with it for about 30 min and just assumed it was the fuel pump.

I took it out yesterday to see what it did, it started idled for a few seconds then died. Did that about 4 or 5 times. I took the fuel pump off and tested it to a 12v quad battery, well it pumps just fine.

So where should I go to next? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't think it would start at all if it was the coolant temp sensor, would it? Does anyone know what the resistance is suppose to be on the connections?

I hooked the fuel pump up to the injection nozzle and put 12 volts to the fuel pump, but no fuel is coming through the injection nozzle... Am i testing that right or what? I did have all the sensors hooked up.

The injector wont spray unless its triggered to by the computer. Im having a similar issue but mine is a complete no start. Have heard the temp sensors are issues but have no specs. Even if I disconnect it still doesnt start.

Thanks that will help! Just by messing with it I'm starting to think maybe the ecu is bad, every sensor I tested had some level of resistance. Witch is telling me it's not being told what to do, like mx said.