Sign in to follow this  

Keep bending 200 xcw exhaust pipe!

Besides the obvious "quit crashing in the rocks" is anyone doing anything to keep their pipe from smashing into the coolant hose running along the frame? Last crash put the pipe against the frame on left of bike and the cylinder on right of bike. And I don't crash hard! Usually takes a friend and a crow bar and mallet to get back in shape. I'm hoping a gnarly will not bend but I'm not quite ready to replace it...

I have a carbon guard that has stopped the pipe from getting dings, the problem is the ENTIRE pipe getting pushed right to left and staying there....pipe gets crooked where it goes in the head.  The pipe actually bends at the first 180 bend on the left.  The Hyde job might do the job if it's all one piece!  Right now I have a piece of poly bushing high temp rtv'd between the pipe and frame on the left side and the cylinder head on the right.  I'd rather the pipe ding than get pushed over into the rad hose going down the frame on the right !

I have same situation with carbon fiber protector.  Sometimes pushes left side into frame near head and other times right side into radiator hose.  I pull the expansion chamber while on the bike towards me sitting on the right side.  It works just enough to keep the pipe from touching.

I ride too conversavatively sometimes in fear of smashing my pipe.  I absolutely hate this about 2T.  If they ever figure a way to route it to stay protected I would trade my 2013 in a second.  I'm not interested in the bulky pipe guards.  Other than possibly that big plastic 1 piece from Hyde (fugly) I don't think anything will prevent this.  Even Hyde could allow twisting of the lest side into the frame rail.

I will just deal with it the couple times/yr for now.

Good to know I'm not alone! I wonder if others just don't notice? As far as the road, I dont go more than a few miles at a time, its fun but not a Buell! I went down three teeth on the back, factory 1st gear was soooooo deep it was useless and my top speed was like 45. Now maybe 50.

The Hyde Guard is a one piece unit. The left side of the pipe does get pushed back a bit, depending on how many rocks you smash with it, but nowhere near as bad as just having a carbon protector. When it gets too close to the frame or starter, just get it blown out.