Sign in to follow this  

EBC 320mm rotor issue

I have a converted DRZ400s and bought the EBC rotor.  I noticed that when I brake I get a kind of grinding feel.  Not sure if I installed the rotor/caliper wrong or maybe I got the wrong bracket.  Everything seems to line up okay, I took it off and made sure my pads were in correctly and went for a ride but still same thing.  Not sure, what do you guys think?  I notice a scratch on the outside ID of the rotor clamping surface and even one of my pads have a groove in it.  What do you think it could be?

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

DSCN3061.JPG

turn the caliper over and look up inside.. see of the OD of the rotor is interfering with the inside of the caliper.

I don't think so.  Doesn't look like it rubbing inside.  I looked and it seems to be clear and don't notice any grooves inside.  Theres some scratches but I think that's from me struggling to slide the caliper on the rotor.  If it was rubbing it would be a pretty noticeable groove right?  I did notice that my pad spring clip thing is giving absolutely no tension on the pads.  I bent it back so it would put some tension on it.  Could that be a reason?

Lift the front wheel off the deck via a stand..spin the wheel slowly, if you have some bright lighting and look carefully you should be able to see anything weird going on..

These EBC kits are usually an easy bolt up affair, double check you have the correct kit part no.... 

The bracket that came with my EBC rotor kit was a gold colour, is that the bracket that was in your kit or was sourced elsewhere.....

You said that's a S but you have SM wheels installed ?, probably the reason for the different bracket

Edited by Craig-o

Lift the front wheel off the deck via a stand..spin the wheel slowly, if you have some bright lighting and look carefully you should be able to see anything weird going on..

These EBC kits are usually an easy bolt up affair, double check you have the correct kit part no.... 

The bracket that came with my EBC rotor kit was a gold colour, is that the bracket that was in your kit or was sourced elsewhere.....

You said that's a S but you have SM wheels installed ?, probably the reason for the different bracket

Got the front wheel up, everything looks okay.  My bracket was blue when I got it.  I think it's the right bracket.  Not sure what's going on?

How many miles on the rotor?  Did you buy the kit new?  Is that odd rotor bolt hitting anything?

How many miles on the rotor?  Did you buy the kit new?  Is that odd rotor bolt hitting anything?

Yeah, I bought it new.  The rotor bolt is the magnetic bolt for my vapor speedo.  I did notice that the bolt was rubbing on my fork bracket.  Not anymore though, it has a groove on it now so it's rotating freely now, yikes!