Sign in to follow this  

99 cr250 rebuild

What's up guys. My name is john I'm from RI. I bought a 99 cr250 running but needs a rebuild. Top end is good but bottom end is shot , bearing play etc. I split the cases and found a lot wrong . What year engines will fit my 99 frame? Thanks!

92-01 motors are pretty interchangeable.

I think different cases and such but there internals are the same.

So 92 to 01 motors will fit in my 99 frame? May just rebuild what I have since my cases are good etc. so will my 99 Cyl fit any cases from 92 to 01 also? Kind of new to this Mis matching stuff. Thanks fellas

Think finding a good running complete motor not needing any work is going to be hard . My engine had metal in the crank case from top end failure it looks like. I bought the bike for $250 bucks. Bike had 155 psi and also has a sleeve done which is good for me. All parts came out to $650 plus money for a piston and bore job.. Would love to just slap another engine in it and save some money..

Edited by Jd267

Yea it would be better to rebuild you'll be hard pressed to find and engine under that. On top of that it would be a crap shoot. I didn't say the whole motor would plop right in did I? I'm sure when they changed the frame in 97 they probably moved the motor mounts.