Sign in to follow this  

how to use air fork bleeders

Just Picked Up A 2013 450 Sxf Dungey Replica. It Came With Air Fork Bleeders Which I've Never Used Before. They Are The Push Button Type Valves. Not Sure What They Are For And How To Use Them. Help Please! Sorry For The Dumb Question. Figured It Would Be Dumber Pushing Buttons And Not Knowing What IM Doing.

My KTMs seems to build a lot of pressure and fork performance gets worse as you ride, my YZ Kayaba stuff builds pressure but doesn't affect fork performance as bad. I run a remote style bleeder that I can press at anytime to relieve pressure...

Thanks Monk. The 450 Is Taking Care Of. However, I've Never Addressed This On The 300. Don't Think It Has Air Fork Valves. Is This Something I Should Do Regularly On The 300 As Well??

Yup, just undo the little phillips screws...

Always do the air bleeders when cold, not during or after a ride.

Wow... Some interesting thoughts so far... Wheels should not be touching the ground (I.e on a stand), and it's preferred that you relieve the pressure during a ride....just my .02 of course...

That is actually from long time pro suspension tuner Bones who works for Pro Circuit and does suspension professionally for many, many, offroad, mx and sx pro racers.

What can I say, you heard it from one source and I heard it from another. The product I use, is used by Whibley himself and he bleeds his suspension on the fly. I've experimented with it all different ways and in the end it made no difference whether the bike was off the stand or on the trails...

What can I say, you heard it from one source and I heard it from another. The product I use, is used by Whibley himself and he bleeds his suspension on the fly. I've experimented with it all different ways and in the end it made no difference whether the bike was off the stand or on the trails...

I read a article in Dirt Bike where they looked at Whibleys bike and talked about his system to bleed them on the go. If I remember right they said very plainly that he only bleeds them when the front wheel is off the ground... Whether that is true or really makes a difference I don't know... Or really care to be honest. But I did think Whibleys bike was pretty sweet.