Sign in to follow this  

CLUTCH NEEDS REPLACED HELP

I have a crf250r and the engine revs out but the bike has no power. I've read that this is caused by your clutch slipping. So what do I need I heard that oem are the best. If someone could help me this would be great!

I have a crf250r and the engine revs out but the bike has no power. I've read that this is caused by your clutch slipping. So what do I need I heard that oem are the best. If someone could help me this would be great!

You should try Hinson clutches, a lot of factory teams use them and I have heard great things about them. Just replace the discs (if they need to), to check open your clutch up and see if the friction plates are a bronze color, that's means they're no good. Instead of draining the oil you can just lay the bike on its side with the handlebar on a stand to save removing the oil. Just some tips

Get someone else to ride it and confirm the clutch is indeed slipping. If it's newer than 2010, could be the fuel filter plugging, causing the low power.

I like stock parts, but i'm sure there's some good aftermaket clutches out there.