Sign in to follow this  

Why JD Kit FCR39

Why does the TT store offer a JD kit option with the FCR39?

I thought it comes jetted ready to go?

Is the short choke and flexible fuel screw a must?

About to pull the pin so I am doing my homework.

Thanks

Thanks

It comes jetted for the *most* popular set up, 3x3, open pipe, stock bore, and under 3000ft. For the people with a different set up they will have to deviate from the TT store jetting.

Thanks

Flexible fuel screw is a must. It makes life way easier with out burning yourself trying to reach between the carb and the starter. As far as jd kit. It seems alot of people tend to like it, I heard its a dual taper needle vs a single taper. I myself had to get addition needles and jets, as the ones supplied did not work well for me.

Thanks guys, I just ordered the FRC from the TT store with the smaller choke nob, extended fuel screw and got the JD jet kit juts in case.

Trying the get Wisconsin or Craigo to come install it for me.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I just ordered the FRC from the TT store with the smaller choke nob, extended fuel screw and got the JD jet kit juts in case.

Happy Days....not sure what a plane ticket is worth nowadays to Mi from Au....If you supply I would feel privileged to do the install... :D

Otherwise you could get E Marquez to help you out via his comprehensive install guide..

FCR 39MX install, using the TT KIT

I wouldn't bother with the JD kit or the std extended fuel screw...I guess the TT store sells them because people that don't know any different ask for them....

You won't need the jet kit and if you want a fuel screw , get the R&D flexjet version

R & D Racing Products Flex-Jet Remote Fuel Screw

The money you were going to waste on the jet kit would be better spent going towards the plane ticket... :devil:  :lol:

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1

Happy Days....not sure what a plane ticket is worth nowadays to Mi from Au....If you supply I would feel privileged to do the install... :D

Otherwise you could get E Marquez to help you out via his comprehensive install guide..

FCR 39MX install, using the TT KIT

I wouldn't bother with the JD kit or the std extended fuel screw...I guess the TT store sells them because people that don't know any different ask for them....

You won't need the jet kit and if you want a fuel screw , get the R&D flexjet version

R & D Racing Products Flex-Jet Remote Fuel Screw

The money you were going to waste on the jet kit would be better spent going towards the plane ticket... :devil:  :lol:

Done, I canceled the JD kit and added the R&D flex jet.

I am working on getting the Playboy private jet come to pick you up and fly you here.

• Like 2

Done, I canceled the JD kit and added the R&D flex jet.

I am working on getting the Playboy private jet come to pick you up and fly you here.

My plane ticket would be cheaper, just saying :p

• Like 1

The flexjet i wish i would've got cause its impossible to reach,  i have mine at 2.5 out and luckily have not had to deal with it,  the chocke on me FCR ive never used,   before starting the bike blip the throttle a few times all the way,  itll squirt gas in there and it always starts right up and is ready to ride without using choke,  that is such a great feature about this carb IMO. 

• Like 1

The flexjet i wish i would've got cause its impossible to reach,  i have mine at 2.5 out and luckily have not had to deal with it,  the chocke on me FCR ive never used,   before starting the bike blip the throttle a few times all the way,  itll squirt gas in there and it always starts right up and is ready to ride without using choke,  that is such a great feature about this carb IMO. 

It's like having a little can of 'Whoop-Ass'.  :smirk:

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I keep reading through the install procedure in the FAQ section.

Hoping the install goes well and not to much garage drama.

• Like 2