Sign in to follow this  

2001 kdx 220r swing arm slack?

After returning from riding today I noticed swing arm slack, maybe  an inch or so kind of hard to judge but by this I mean the swing arm moves about an inch before the back shock starts to compress, at the same time for some reason my chain became extremely loose which was an easy fix of course but i'm left with only 2 notches before its time for a new chain so my questions are could the slack have affected the chain? how bad is it to have swing arm slack is this something I should look into fixing right away? if so how much would it cost approximately? I'm only worried because i noticed my old bike ( 1993 yz 80) has no swing arm slack. 

Edited by Dustin.bernhard

your swing arm bushings are wore out, replace them and grease all the outher sups bushings/bearings, :ride:

Usually the lower shock bearing is the culprit. If you get someone to move the swing arm up and down while the bike is on a stand and inspect, you will see where the play is.

that play is up and down, would not make the chain become loose unless the swing arm moves back and forth, :thumbsup: