Sign in to follow this  

Recommendations for head work

Where's the best place to send my head to get the intake valves reseated and get some new SS valves installed? I like good work but I would rather not loose an arm and a leg for it! And the shorter down time the better :)

Where's the best place to send my head to get the intake valves reseated and get some new SS valves installed? I like good work but I would rather not loose an arm and a leg for it! And the shorter down time the better :)

I would say fastheads but mine was gone for a month and cost quiet a pertttyyy penny

Yea I'm sure they did a good job tho!! Do you know of any other places that I could get it done for a few hundred?

For just a valve job I gotta believe there is a local shop that can do it. Its not pricey, or difficult

What about PRO-1 has anybody had any experience with them?

I sent a brand 08 head to Pro 1 and they installed copper seats and guides, did a bad-ass radius cut to the intake seats,  installed all the valves and verified the install height, and they also ported and polished the head. I paid less the 600.00

The exhaust valves are stoke/OEM and the intake are Ferrea (pronounced fer-ray-a) vales, springs, retainers, seat locators, and OEM keepers.

I have not assembled the engine yet but the work looks to be top notch

Edited by mrmoto35
  • Like 1

I sent a brand 08 head to Pro 1 and they installed copper seats and guides, did a bad-ass radius cut to the intake seats,  installed all the valves and verified the install height, and they also ported and polished the head. I paid less the 600.00

The exhaust valves are stoke/OEM and the intake are Ferrea (pronounced fer-ray-a) vales, springs, retainers, seat locators, and OEM keepers.

I have not assembled the engine yet but the work looks to be top notch

That's $600+parts?

Thanks mrmoto35 I have been emailing them and I think pro-1 is the way to go for me :) thanks again guys!

Pro-1 said they would replace all 4 valves reseat and everything for 325

Yeah, can't beat that!

Good thing about the BBT option is you get a complete new head ready to bolt on. Any you still have your old head to do as you please with.

If your a recreational rider this is a good option.

The Pro1 option could easily go over $800 depending on what you supply for valves.

If that includes valves that's good. If not that's expensive. Unless he's talking about copper seats and new guides. For comparisons sake, I just did a crf 250 for just over $800 and that included all new oem valves , springs, cotters retainers etc, new piston kit, gaskets, everything. Labor to rebuild the motor, cut the seats and rebuild the head all for $800. Maybe I'm too cheap haha

And I replaced the ex guides to.

If that includes valves that's good. If not that's expensive. Unless he's talking about copper seats and new guides. For comparisons sake, I just did a crf 250 for just over $800 and that included all new oem valves , springs, cotters retainers etc, new piston kit, gaskets, everything. Labor to rebuild the motor, cut the seats and rebuild the head all for $800. Maybe I'm too cheap haha

And I replaced the ex guides to.

That a lot of money for a head.

What is sad, out of that $800 you didn't make shit if thats all you charged your customer for the work you did

Hopefully your customer understands that.

It was a favor, and it also included assembly of the top end and putting the bike back together. I know, and I think he knows, I didn't make anything.