Sign in to follow this  

How many times have you dropped your Drz?

Just curious to see how many times you guys have dropped you Drz. I dropped mine today while riding on a trail

You mean in a day?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 6

Was fooling around in a parking lot, low sided. First time. Went down at deals gap last year, dropped it about 4 times trying to flat track the other day, in the dirt... too many times to count.

At least 50 times, 2 or possibly 3 times on road and probably 4 times during water crossings.  My buddy hates during the water crossings because he has to tow me out of whatever lost in the woods location we are currently at.

• Like 1

Once on pavement ..as I was coming out of the woods there just so happened to be a huge drainage ditch and I tried to pop my front up in time but my rear wheel caught the edge of the concrete at an angle and I fell going about 15 mph. And those mx pants didn't stop that road rash! ..I've had probably 50 dirt naps .. I'm not a fan of slippery wet rocks when I have a desert tire on back!

I think I've dropped it 3 times in the past 6 months having fun on dirt trails, I figured out how to do the foot down turn around though :)

• Like 4

so in the six months i'v had my z I have never dropped it.

Do you ever ride it?

I've lost count. I've only broken one clutch lever and crushed one radiator though.

5 times I think. All while stopped. All between now and the middle of July. I ride a supermoto with 70/30 tires.

One was going up an embankment to a higher area, with the intention of circling around a tree in order to get past a fence blocking an unassumed road. I stopped at the top of the embankment, which I shouldn't have. Put my foot down, and hadn't realized I was positioned in the high space between 2 deep tire tracks. Plunk! Over I went.

One was going down a river side trail I found off the side of a road. Get about half way down it, see that it is private property and the owner is at the end of the trail, so I back up a bit to turn around, go up this short hill and start to turn, not enough speed. Plunk! Over I went.

The last 3 were trying to ride up a sandy road hill. I probably shouldn't have driven this far in the first place, since the roads leading in were sand as well. But I am stubborn and didn't want to turn back. They weren't really "falls" in that I was riding in right tire track, and when I "fell" over, it was simply falling onto the raised embankment, bike never went past 45 degrees. Hardest ride to date on the bike though, took me a good 30min to get up that damned hill with those do-not-ride-in-sand tires, lol.

• Like 2

The sticker on my Deezer reads: CRASHING IS PROOF THAT YOU'RE TRYING.

• Like 4

I've had mine close to 2 months I've dropped it 4 times 3 of them bending or breaking the lever. After I dropped it today I &%$#@!ed up the headlights plastic and the side panel. And it was hard to shift so I might have to look into that tomorrow

Edited by Bryan Killa Bee

Okay I'm a 5'7 girl and have rode mine since last year early spring... I cannot name how many times I dropped mine... just cuz it's heavier and that's no excuse but when you ride in the dirt and stuff it happens. If I get on a hill the wrong way with my footing and it dies or something yeah it's goin over! I have bent the radiator once and got the stickers a little but the brush guards on my bars so a lot of times they hit on them and save the rest. BUT... yesterday riding in dirt.... taadaa! I didn't go down one time LoL practice makes perfect guys!!

• Like 5

You mean in a day? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Signman606 that used to be me! Every time we went out at least once or twice! I'm getting better!
  • Like 3

never dropped it, things have got ugly a couple of times though .. no i did all my 'nationals qualifying' and daredevil riding when i was a teen .. i dont go out to take it to the limit anymore .. just to ride ..

• Like 2